New kid on the block.

1stgenSoldier

Unverified
Hello gents, I'm currently in a Recruit Sustaiment Program (RSP) with the National Guard and I ship Aug 5 as an 11b. A good buddy of mine graduated Air force BMT today (3-13-2019) and will go on with his Battlefield Airmen Pipeline, his physical and mental preparation is inspiring crediting his spec ops developer . I too have aspirations of one day serving with an SOF unit so I have picked up various books such as "Chosen Soldier by Dick Couch" "The Night Stalkers by Micheal J Durant" and a few more about SF. I have been on the hunt for info scouring sites. Physically there is room for improvement yet deep inside I feel ready. That being said I would like to give a big thanks to any active guys and ret vets. Your sacrifices are not forgotten. I'm considering switching my initial contract to a REP 63 similar to 18x but for NG guys. I'm switching to active duty as soon as I complete my IET and get the required 6 months at my home Guard unit, but I know it would be wise to get experience as a soldier first but I want more of a challenge. I'm still learning and reading about the history of the Green Berets and just purchased the ranger handbook to memorize. If I were to seriously consider becoming a "pipehitter" i'd hope to one day communicate with other SFQC pipehitters and see what skills and traits I lack. Unlike others I did not come to bombard with common questions or to pester the already busy, but to learn and observe. Thank you.

Back