New member Introduction

HMSunshine

Unverified
Hello All.
I'm a former Navy Corpsman, now mom of enlisted sailor, who is a CTR. Niece is also a sailor and youngest son already talking about joining the Navy, although I encourage him to go to college first and become an officer for personal reasons.
I enjoy reading SOC posts and hope my eldest son will become a Navy SEAL. He has what it takes, but needs to become a bit more humble first. lol
I originally came to this forum after watching Lone Survivor and reading the book as well. I found this forum when doing some research online to gain more information about Operation Red Wings.
I became interested in the SEALS when on active duty in the Navy and several Corpsmen I knew went to the teams. I often wondered how being a Corpsman and a SEAL worked out for them and the inner conflict they may have experienced.
I'm disappointed that women are not allowed to be a SEAL and hope that one day the Navy will see the potential in allowing women become a part of that special honor. I personally am a wonderful shot and continue to shoot. I originally wanted to be a GM, but at the time, women were not allowed into that rating. I wanted to "man" a 50 cal. I thought that would be an awesome job until I learned about the SEALs (sp). I would have loved to be a sniper for the Navy. Oh well.
Now I'm still working in healthcare and love it. I'm finishing my B.S in Healthcare administration and shopping for a Master's. Not sure what direction I want to go just yet. Still in process of deciding.
Currently living in the Midwest and employed with the VA at a VA hospital. I have two sons and live on a hobby farm. Have two draft horses that I ride and drive. I do a lot of camping and trail riding with them.
Nothing better than waking up at horse camp. Just wish I could do more of it, but alas, family and work come first.
Glad to be here and looking forward to reading your posts.

Greetings, as a Marine I will always have an affection for a Corpsman!

Back