New Member Introduction

blubuilt

Unverified
Greetings ShadowSpear,

I have lurked here for years and have no reasonable excuse for not joining earlier. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and learning from a great many of you during this time.

About me:

• Army Brat.
    • Step-Father SGT/CPT. Vietnam War Veteran (101st Vietnam (Medic), attened OCS sometime in late 70's and was branched Infantry, 82nd Airborne Divison through 1983/4 and 1st SFG until 1986/7).
    • Grandfather SFC/CWO2. WWII and Korean War Veteran. Signal Corps. Unsure of his exact units, he was primarily attached to Artillery and at some point to an HQ element.

• Civilian. I was unable to serve in any desired capacity due to a history of childhood Asthma and some pretty wicked inner ear issues as a small child/adolescent that required multiple surgeries from ages 2-14. No regrets, I could have served and chose not to simply take up space in a billet I did not want to serve in and end up with a severe case of buyers remorse (the Army's and my own) and a lifetime of regret having not pursued other passions.

• A small business owner/partner. I have a partnership in a home building company as well as a small-business consultancy with a primary focus on construction/service based businesses with an approach on utilizing advanced best business practices, proper software integration/utilization and advanced accounting principles to lend speed, efficiency and sustainability to my customer's operations.

• I have a myriad of interests that initially brought me here as a lurker, U.S. Military History and U.S. SOF history (I do have an Army bias, though I am certainly not blind to the contributions/sacrifices of all the services), the opinions of those that do vs. those that report on what is done.

• An avid hunter, fisherman, and ultra-light hiker/camper with 30-years of experience. I am no doubt a firearms enthusiast and a gear snob.

• I am a fitness enthusiast. I am an Omnivore.

• I am a Star Wars nerd of epic proportions and have a love for most things technical/IT related.

I am eternally thankful for each man and women that serves this great country and I count myself as one of the countless millions of citizens that owe a debt that cannot be repaid, furthermore I stand in awe of those same men and women that expect no reimbursement. What a country.

I am also thankful for the availability of this platform. The amount of knowledge here is staggering at times. A large number of you already have my respect, as I have in fact lurked here for years (8 years, maybe?), in return I can assert that I will attempt to earn yours as well and will at all times conduct myself accordingly, respectfully.

Regards,
blubuilt

I'm not sure why i thought this was funny:D

Welcome !
Good aim on my part? lol. I figure above all else, immediately self identifying as a meat eater will keep the interactions of the fervent non-meat eaters to a minimum.

For clarity: I do not make an assumption that a vegan or vegetarian is actually in some sort of cult, but the likelihood is really really high, this is based purely on my own personal interactions;-)

Welcome aboard and best of success to you!

If you have not done so yet, please be sure to read the thread titled, “A Protocol Primer for ShadowSpear” at the top of the Introductions Forum.

Back