New USAF Special Warfare Symbol

AWACS Community?

Yes. I mentioned her to some ABM's who immediately rolled their eyes and gave their quite negative opinions about her: bad leader, poor command climate, self-centered, etc. Curious, I brought her up to other ABM's and the responses were all the same.

Yes. I mentioned her to some ABM's who immediately rolled their eyes and gave their quite negative opinions about her: bad leader, poor command climate, self-centered, etc. Curious, I brought her up to other ABM's and the responses were all the same.

Sounds like she was...Magic. :ROFLMAO:

With in the Air Force's enlisted classification coding system:
1 represents the Operations Career Group
1Z represents the new never previously existing Special Warfare Career Field
1ZX represents the career field subdivision.
1ZXX represents a careeerfield sub division (not a shred out of a specific AFSC code).
1ZXXX identifies award of 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 skill level the of a specific 5 digit specific AFSC code.
1ZXXX is the basic 5 digit code of a specific AFSC.

A shred out of a specific AFSC is added as a suffix of the basic 5 digit code. This is not what is happening. Each enlisted specialty (PJ, CCT, SR, TACP) is retaining a specific AFSC code and job descriptions.

Last edited:
So would this replace AFSC badges as well for those within BFA AFSCs?
The beret crest/shield/flash devices aren't a career field badge. The only badge that fits 100% within realm of being a 5 digit AFSC code career field badge (worn on the uniform) is the EOD badge. This is followed by the Pararescue beret crest based upon the 1966 approval documents, but it was approved as being a mission qualification badge for those performing pararescue duties and having award of a specific 5 digit AFSC specialty code showing award of 3, 5, 7, and 9 skill levels.

At best considering TACP, SOWT (now SR), the beret crest was a duty assignment badge until the specific 5 digit specialty code was approved: TACP-30 April 1977, CCT-October 1981, SOWT (now SR)-May 2008. It was impossible to be awarded a skill level (3, 5, 7, 9) until the 5 digit AFSC code was approved.

Not with that attitude it won’t!

I'd rather see a STO run JSOC.

Look at her bio. She did non-AWACS shit for most of her career, at a time everyone was being shoved into AWACS.
She went AWACS when it was needed for her career.

So all TACP units will be under AFSOC now? And all Rescue Squadrons will also be moving under the command from Big AF? @amlove21 how do you feel about that move?

So all TACP units will be under AFSOC now? And all Rescue Squadrons will also be moving under the command from Big AF? @amlove21 how do you feel about that move?
TACP ain’t going, for a number of different reasons.

Short answer yes; the PAD directs the move towards FOC for all assets, but lots of integration is already happening.

Signage and titles and stuff will follow.

Personally I feel great about it. There are huge opportunities to grow in leaps and bounds and not just steps. I think we have the right people in the right places as well.

TACP ain’t going, for a number of different reasons.

Short answer yes; the PAD directs the move towards FOC for all assets, but lots of integration is already happening.

Signage and titles and stuff will follow.

Personally I feel great about it. There are huge opportunities to grow in leaps and bounds and not just steps. I think we have the right people in the right places as well.
So afsoc will be running stateside rescue ops? Like the boys in Alaska snagging people off Denali? And as of now TACPs are staying “conventional” minus the 17th?

Is the intent behind this change to create a program similar to the 18x program within the Army? Where you are sent down a pipeline decided by the command after A&S instead of enlisting with a set career field?

Back