Nitto Tires

Worked the parts dept. of a Ford dealer many moons ago. My hideous boss had us push these for a short time because they made us more money than selling the most popular (and less expensive) equivalent, the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A.

Reports were that they were decent if you were, as Ocoka said, primarily off roading, but the BF Goodrich model still sold better, lasted longer and did the same on/off road duties.

My $.02.

Take a look at what Kelly Springfield has to offer. I've had them on my F-150 for three years. Great traction with treadware just a tic below Michelin.

I worked in the automotive industry (specifically retail tire shops that also did full service) for 7-8 years before my Military adventure began. The biggest consideration has already been pointed out, they'll be loud while on the road. If you 1) don't mind that or 2) use the vehicle for off-roading primarily, the Nitto would be a good option. I believe there are better options out there, but I would need to know how you plan on using the vehicle, if you plan on maintaining the stock tire size, etc.
For your consideration:
-A/T tires are going to wear faster than H/T tires
-A/T tires are going to ride rougher than H/T tires
-A/T tires are going to be louder than H/T tires
-A/T tires will bring your MPG down
-You may not be able to get the same kind of mileage/road hazard type protection warranty on A/T tires due to their intended use

I wouldn't even venture that those nittos would be good for 30% offroad. That pattern is going to muck up, clog, and not self clear of any type of slick stuff, both mud and snow. If you just do bone dry terrain you'd be ok, but there's still better out there with sidewall protection.

What's your intended use?

Nitto makes good tires. They're a more value oriented offshoot from Toyo. My old man used to rep for a tire wholesale and had good things to say about them.

The Terra Grappler G2 is intended for trucks that mostly see road use but may also see occasional light off road use. They're louder on pavement than something like the Goodyear Wranglers but they're not anything like a M/T tire. I'm considering them for my truck when I replace the tires in the next few months. It has solid reviews on enthusiast sites. Just don't confuse it for an off-road tire tire, if that's what you're looking for.

I am a big Mickey Thompson fan. I had Baja MTZ's (maybe more aggressive than you are looking for ), but they were pretty quiet on the road and performed amazing on the trail and in rocks.

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

I have heard pretty good reviews about road manners on MT ATZ and still being good on the trail.

In the Land Rover community, a lot of people rock the Nitto's as they used to be available in the 19"rim. If you go with the Goodyear Wrangler AT let me know as I need new tread as well but am limited on AT's due to my rim size and the availability of them with that size rim.

I am a big Mickey Thompson fan. I had Baja MTZ's (maybe more aggressive than you are looking for ), but they were pretty quiet on the road and performed amazing on the trail and in rocks.

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

I have heard pretty good reviews about road manners on MT ATZ and still being good on the trail.

In the Land Rover community, a lot of people rock the Nitto's as they used to be available in the 19"rim. If you go with the Goodyear Wrangler AT let me know as I need new tread as well but am limited on AT's due to my rim size and the availability of them with that size rim.
X2 for Mickey Thompsons.

If you drive on pavement with off-road tires you're going to wear them down real quick. If you drive off-road with pavement tires you're gonna get stuck. These tires you're looking at in the OP are trying to be both.

Back