Nutritional Help?

Agent_MO

Unverified
It's been well over a year since I last came onto this site, and at that last time I had been interested in joining the Marine Corps. Fast-forward to now, and my father(21 year Army vet) has convinced me that if I am going to go into the Military, at least join the Army as he did. After quite a bit of research and reading, Special Forces seems extremely fulfilling and appealing to me. That being said, I do have a question.

A big problem that I'm currently facing is fitness. A little before I had first joined this site, I had just been released from the Hospital due to a leg injury and to be honest I was too lazy to maintain fitness and fell well out of shape(I am currently 17 years old and sitting at 6'4" and 150 Pounds, so to say I'm skinny is a massive understatement). I'm not going to ask about workouts or physical training to do that will help me prepare for SF because there are quite literally pages worth of information to read on that side of things, so I would like to ask what I could do to help with the Nutritional aspect of things to help prepare myself for SF. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Your situation is very similar to mine when I joined the army. I came in 6'2, 145. I left basic at 160, and about 18 months later was at 190, which, +-5, is what I stay around now.

You'll gain weight as you build muscle and your metabolism slows down.

Eat your fruits and veggies, stick to whole grains, cut back on sugars/processed food items, and eat your proteins.

Your situation is very similar to mine when I joined the army. I came in 6'2, 145. I left basic at 160, and about 18 months later was at 190, which, +-5, is what I stay around now.

You'll gain weight as you build muscle and your metabolism slows down.

Eat your fruits and veggies, stick to whole grains, cut back on sugars/processed food items, and eat your proteins.

Thanks! My father said he was a little on the lighter side when he went in, but he wasn't quite as skinny as I was. Thank you for the help!

Back