Old Pic

Gunz

Combined Action
Verified Military
Sept 70, Quang Nam Province. I got two frag rings on my bush hat, the first two frags I chucked in contact. Bamboo & banana trees in the background. I was a L/Cpl here, just 2 months in the bush. The bush hat, t-shirt with flak jacket was standard kit in a Combined Action Platoon. We only rucked up just before dusk to go mobile.

Forgot this guy's name but the load-out is typical.

Mobile to Charlie Papa One...the first of three CPs before arriving at ambush site after dark.

Our gear at Day Haven site, after coming in off ambush.

I may have posted some of these before. If so, it's senility and therefore excusable.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures brother! I can't even begin to imagine the number of those types of photos that are sitting in attics and boxes that will never be seen and forgotten about. I love the history and that fact that you're sharing those moments in history will help insure that those days are never forgotten about.

This is Jim Wolburg at one of our Day Haven sites, an old French plantation. We got a line up to dry our woobies & clothes. Two guys were always on watch while the rest of us caught up on sleep, cleaned weapons etc. Half the team would run a daylight patrol out of the DH...then before sundown we'd gear up and go mobile for the night.

That's about all I got, fellas.

Back