Option 40 contracts under 25u?

Mausjp

Unverified
Hey guys, so I found this forum today while searching on google if you could get a option 40 contract as a 25u. I’m not yet enlisted but I’m supposed to enlist as a 25u on Friday, however I would also like to get a option 40 contract and my recruiter said that they are not available right now, and another recruiter told me that it’s “unrealistic” to get a option 40 contract as a 25u.

Anyways I was told it is not unrealistic from a buddy of mine who was in the mountain division as a 25u, he told me that you can get ranger / airborne / or mountain in almost any contract.

I know that I can push myself and be pushed hard enough to get through the course in my opinion, and would look forward to doing such, but I would like to get option 40 on my contract. I know I can push myself physically, and mentally. It’s just a matter of getting to that point.

Hey guys, so I found this forum today while searching on google if you could get a option 40 contract as a 25u. I’m not yet enlisted but I’m supposed to enlist as a 25u on Friday, however I would also like to get a option 40 contract and my recruiter said that they are not available right now, and another recruiter told me that it’s “unrealistic” to get a option 40 contract as a 25u.

Anyways I was told it is not unrealistic from a buddy of mine who was in the mountain division as a 25u, he told me that you can get ranger / airborne / or mountain in almost any contract.

I know that I can push myself and be pushed hard enough to get through the course in my opinion, and would look forward to doing such, but I would like to get option 40 on my contract. I know I can push myself physically, and mentally. It’s just a matter of getting to that point.

You should be able to pick up an Option 40 as a 25U before you enlist, assuming they are available at the time. I do not know if Ranger liaisons are at Gordon, but 13F's and 11B's have had the opportunity to earn a chance at RASP w/o an Option 40. Dig through some of the other Option 40 threads to see what I'm "talking" about.

How to Become an Army Ranger

Back