Order Troubles

MarineWyrd

Marine
Verified Military
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, apologies if this is inefficient. I am an officer currently deployed trying to submit a package for A&S 20-2 but there are a couple obstacles that I'm contending with. I need a CFT and a NSW physical before the end of this year, which I'm not currently worried about- those are easy. There is currently confusion over what unit I will be with post-deployment, which matters because the Commander's Checklist needs to be submitted by the unit I will return to after A&S. To make a long story short, there is significant confusion over whether I am TAD to my current unit from my former unit, or whether I am PCA'd to my current unit. My current unit says I am TAD, my former unit says I am PCA'd. I've spoken with my Bn XO about it and he is going to engage on the issue but I am concerned that I won't make the 20-2 submission deadline and I am tracking that there is quite the growing waiting line for officers going to A&S. At the end of the day, there is little to no loss if I get rolled to 20-3 or even 21-1, especially considering I have been without a pool for the last 6-7 months, but time is finite and I don't want to lose my place in line. I was wondering if anyone here had experienced any troubles like this or had any advice.

Back