Pararescue and Survival Orientation Course

crackerjack

Unverified
Kinda iffy on whether or not this one's allowed, but here goes.

I've searched back through the forum and found a brief reference to the Civil Air Patrol Pararescue and Survival Orientation Course (PJOC). I was curious if any members of this site who are involved in SERE/Pararescue are familiar with the program or have been involved with it. If so, can you give any insight on the actual value of the program as far as giving cadets a taste of Pararescue/SERE career fields? Obviously, the training doesn't compare to the real deal, but would it be something worth doing for an aspiring PJ/CRO/SERE guy? Thanks in advance :-)

Feel free to message me or username WE about CAP's PJOC. The two of us were cadre for PJOC Arozona 2018. The backbone of PJOC is to stress the importance of having attention to detail and teamwork fundamentals. Many CAP cadets that have attended PJOC and APJOC have gone on to be successful in their prospective careerfields whether it be Pararescue, SERE, CCT, etc.

I appreciate it guys. I was able to attend PJOC-NM in July, and it was a great experience. Unfortunately, I won't be eligible to go to APJOC next year (I failed my situps on the final PT test). That said, I am planning to return this summer to the basic course (and pass this time). Even if I don't get to go back, I learned more about SERE, Pararescue, and myself than I have anywhere else. Thanks to both of you for volunteering your time in AZ.

I appreciate it guys. I was able to attend PJOC-NM in July, and it was a great experience. Unfortunately, I won't be eligible to go to APJOC next year (I failed my situps on the final PT test). That said, I am planning to return this summer to the basic course (and pass this time). Even if I don't get to go back, I learned more about SERE, Pararescue, and myself than I have anywhere else. Thanks to both of you for volunteering your time in AZ.

When I went through there wasn't an 'advanced' school, and PJOC was no joke. One of hardest non-military things I have ever done. About half of the guys who went through went on to USAF SOF careers (I chose Navy, and thought it was very helpful). Best of luck to you.

When I went through there wasn't an 'advanced' school, and PJOC was no joke. One of hardest non-military things I have ever done. About half of the guys who went through went on to USAF SOF careers (I chose Navy, and thought it was very helpful). Best of luck to you.

Thanks!

Feel free to message me or username WE about CAP's PJOC. The two of us were cadre for PJOC Arozona 2018. The backbone of PJOC is to stress the importance of having attention to detail and teamwork fundamentals. Many CAP cadets that have attended PJOC and APJOC have gone on to be successful in their prospective careerfields whether it be Pararescue, SERE, CCT, etc.
And @WE...do we know each other? PM sent

Last edited:
Back