Picking my MOS

Calichamp105

Unverified
I got a AFQT score of 91 on my asvab
And a GT score of 127
I will be asked to pick a job soon. My plan: I'm hoping to get an 18x contract after basic. If that doesn't happen what job do would you pick if you could do it all over. Keep in my I'm trying to get to selection as soon as I can. I've read pick a job with a short school length so I can try again after I get to my job ect. I dont know the process so I'm looking for help.Any tips from you guys would be appreciated

Limited experience in army schools and a few friends so take my info with a grain of salt. It seems like 11x is the way to go so while your at Benning you can raise your hand to get to selection. If you decide to do that, try to get an option 4 contract along with it. As far as picking a job with a short school length, seems risky in my eyes. A lot of jobs with very short training timelines tend to be jobs like personalist and stuff of that nature. Pick something you would be happy doing assuming you wont get a shot at selection, because in all reality, if you don't go that's what your job is for your contract length.

I got a AFQT score of 91 on my asvab
And a GT score of 127
I will be asked to pick a job soon. My plan: I'm hoping to get an 18x contract after basic. If that doesn't happen what job do would you pick if you could do it all over. Keep in my I'm trying to get to selection as soon as I can. I've read pick a job with a short school length so I can try again after I get to my job ect. I dont know the process so I'm looking for help.Any tips from you guys would be appreciated
Pick something you won't mind doing for 4-6 years.

If you really want 18x, don’t settle for anything other than an 18x contract. That’s one contract that’s almost always available. 11x would probably give you the best chance to volunteer for SF. But like DA said, pick something you’re going to be ok with for 4-6 years. I’ve known and seen plenty of guys who didn’t make it past the first gate and wound up hating life in their previous job.

Back