Quality online education...

Well, I have a while before I leave the Army. I'm enrolling in the associates in counter-terrorism studies. I figure I'll learn about something I'm very interested in and when I'm done with that, I'll look into a bachelor's degree in something like international relations.

Take a good look at Yale's Global Affairs undergrad degree- and their Eli Whitney program. Lots of vets take advantage of that program.

Just as a point of order/clarification, UIU is regionally accredited, not nationally accredited.

I apologize for the mix up, my fingers got a little ahead of me. I did intend on stating UIU is regionally acredited.

The hard sciences are looked upon favorably as degrees leading into the IC because they provide the background knowledge needed in drugs (and their connections to terrorism), WMDs, etc. Not that a chemistry degree is a guarantee of a job, but it's better than an "intelligence" degree. I've never heard CS included in that list of hard science degrees.

Depends on which part of the IC you are looking to get into. Some parts of the IC are looking for computer science majors, mathematicians, engineers, etc. I do agree with you that the hard sciences are better than an "intelligence" degree though.

Anybody know what kind of reputation NC State's online grad programs have? I'm exploring the possibility of going for an M.Sc. through them...

The other question I have for any military folks with a graduate degree - a lot of programs I've looked at want 3 academic letters of reference. Only a few of my professors would have known my name at graduation, and I can think of only one who I could contact now (my thesis advisor)... how waiverable is that requirement if backed up by references from work?

Depends on which part of the IC you are looking to get into. Some parts of the IC are looking for computer science majors, mathematicians, engineers, etc. I do agree with you that the hard sciences are better than an "intelligence" degree though.

I would consider these "hard sciences". Sorry if that wasn't clear in my original post.

When I was doing one of my core IR papers the lecturer spent 10minutes explaining to us that yes, we're scientists- *political* scientists. He said it was a soft science.

I disagree for a number of reasons. When I get my Ghostbusters kit, then I'll consider myself a scientist.

When I was doing one of my core IR papers the lecturer spent 10minutes explaining to us that yes, we're scientists- *political* scientists. He said it was a soft science.

I disagree for a number of reasons. When I get my Ghostbusters kit, then I'll consider myself a scientist.

Lesson #1 - Never cross streams. O_o

If you change your username to "The Gatekeeper", I'll change mine to "Keymaster". :ROFLMAO:

I was once told on a school camp by an adult to "cross swords" if I didn't want to wait for the loo.

BTW you just sounded really really gay. Damn Feds! :-o

I was once told on a school camp by an adult to "cross swords" if I didn't want to wait for the loo.

BTW you just sounded really really gay. Damn Feds! :-o

I'm not the one that started the Ghostbusters references... :hmm:

Back