Recent NREMT-P firefighter paramedic-18X

Kennerdell

Unverified
My name is Kennerdell and I am currently a 35 year old firefighter paramedic in the big bend area of Florida. Passed my national registry and with the down time I have started to train for Georgia smoke diver and applying to UF for my bachelors in emergency management. Taking a class next month to become a peer counselor for those in emergency response. Almost finished with getting my fire officer I.
I am a fairly driven individual and wanted to get into being a medic in the NG. Had someone mention that Florida has NG SF units in FL. So I started poking around. Currently already doing 60 pound weight vest workouts for 2 hours 3-4 days a week. Saw that there are workout regiments that I could use.
I am currently married to a nurse who is in nurse practitioner school while she is pregnant with our first child who is due at the end of this month. Have a baby boy on the way. We are both very excited and she is looking at joining the NG as well. She enjoys service to the community. She is a good egg.
Just looking to get some information about going 18X and if there are people around the area that could assist me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome here. Lots of great folks and good info. Watch your back out there. I'm a paramedic in the Philly region.
Where abouts? I lived in the DelCo area for a little over a year.

Medicine and emergency response is a little different in the big bend area. We are a very rural area. Just got slammed by our second major hurricane in a little over a year and might have another one rolling into town this week. We get a lot of fire, trauma, and septic patients. Not a lot of money so the sick people are really sick. Disportioncate amount of critical patients given call volume and population.

Where abouts? I lived in the DelCo area for a little over a year.

Medicine and emergency response is a little different in the big bend area. We are a very rural area. Just got slammed by our second major hurricane in a little over a year and might have another one rolling into town this week. We get a lot of fire, trauma, and septic patients. Not a lot of money so the sick people are really sick. Disportioncate amount of critical patients given call volume and population.

DM sent to keep this intro clean.

Back