SEMAR and DA

Brill

SOF Support
Jesus.

Apparently DEA never translated to Speed, Surprise, and Violence of Action in Spanish. They need some fucking NODs...and more time in the shoot house.

Shit gets fucked up when they are shooting back...especially when you take a casualty or two. Looks like they took a casualty at the breach point, but hard to tell either way, I agree, pretty piss poor looking tactics, marksmanship, and overall assault.

Did DEA train the Mexican Marines, or was it a SOF unit? I know they are one of the more trusted and proven units in the whole counter cartel shebang they got going on down there.

Sorry for the necropost guys.

The guys in the video were newbies. But yeah that's not a excuse for make a crappy DA entry obviously, i'remember talk time ago with two Mexican Army SF instructors who are close friends of me, about the video and they just laughed and they said that the video wasn't just a national embarrassment for the Mexican Marines but as well for the Mexican SOF community.

After the events in Sinaloa, the Mexican Army CAFE (Special Forces Training Center) open their courses for all combat personnel from the units of UNOPES (Mexican counterpart of NSW/MARSOC).

As far i'know UNOPES personnel train regularly with NSW, MARSOC, MEU(SOC) units and with other Latin American/European SOF units as well.

Talking from the Mexican Army SF is kinda different, the basic SF course in the Mexican Army is just 6 months wich basically the first 5 months are just a mix of AIT, LRS and FID training while the last 6 weeks are pure intensive CT/CQC training. While the Marine SF have good combat swimmers and better maritime training, the Army SF guys are by far better assaulters and shooters.

Army SF guys combat shooting training.

Back