SFC Celiz D Co 1/75

• Thread starter Deleted member 2517
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2517

Really sucks to have to post this. Our mortar PSG was KIA a couple nights ago. NOK has been notified and USASOC just put out the press release. RIP SFC Celiz... SUA SPONTE.

The Pentagon on Friday released the identity of a U.S. soldier who had been killed this week in counterterrorism operations in Afghanistan.

Sgt. 1st Class Christopher Andrew Celiz, 32, from Summerville, S.C., was shot while supporting a medical evacuation in Paktia province, which is south of the capital Kabul and on the eastern border with Pakistan.

He was a battalion mortar platoon sergeant with the Army’s 75th Ranger Regiment out of Georgia and was operating under the Pentagon’s combat missions called Operation Freedom's Sentinel that targets terror groups in Afghanistan.
Pentagon identifies soldier killed in Afghanistan

Rest In Peace, Ranger and my condolences to his family and teammates!

Sad news. Heartfelt condolences to his entire family, friends and all who knew him.

Throw down your ruck Ranger. God has you now.

Rest easy Brother.

RLTW

~S~

A special note of of condolence to DasBoot, particularly because this hits so close to home.

ScreenHunter_2160 Jul. 13 14.00.jpg

My heartfelt condolences go out to the family and friends of SFC Celiz. @DasBoot, I'm sorry for the loss of one of your own. There are few words that can alleviate the sadness and anger that comes with the loss of a brother in arms. Stay safe, mourn in your way, and celebrate his life in the way only a Ranger can.

So very sorry for your loss @DasBoot .My condolences to his and your family and loved ones.

Prayer out.

Back