SFOD-E/G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdUp

Space Expert
Verified Military
I saw these referenced in DA PAM 600-3 as being a team type in a group's 4th battalion.

I couldn't find many other references to them on the web outside of that publication. Anyone have any insight?

DA PAM 600-3 refers to the Officer Professional Development and Career Management. Do you remember what page or section you saw that referred to?

DA PAM 600-3 refers to the Officer Professional Development and Career Management. Do you remember what page or section you saw that referred to?
"Officer development assignments" subsection within the SF branch portion, detailing what an SF Captain should be spending their time doing.

I have read section 17-3 a (1) thru (8) and see nothing pertaining to SFOD-E/G. The copy I was reading was dated 1 Feb 2010. You may have a newer copy. It has been years though since I was an officer. I know what SFOD stands for but the E/G isn't jarring my mind right now. Maybe some of the other SF members on here can help.

Normally when you see SFOD- you normally see added A, B, or D.

Last edited:
I never give up. Give this a look and it should answer your question. https://www.usar.army.mil/Portals/98/Documents/ARCD/DA PAM 600-3s/SF DA PAM 600-3.pdf?ver=2018-07-10-193040-127

I was thrown off when you said SFOD-E/G. The E & G should have been separate. Look at 4 a (3). Let me know if this answered your question.

I think he's asking more what sort of task/purpose those teams fill, IE A is the operational teams, B is the headquarters, etc.

Granted, I always assume if I can't find it on google I don't neccesarily need to know what it is.

If you looked at 4a(3) you would see that SFOD-E or G, in the NG, explains its self.

If you looked at 4a(3) you would see that SFOD-E or G, in the NG, explains its self.

I see them mentioned, but he's asking team function. Which, if the DA PAM doesn't say, probably means those without need to know shouldn't know.

ETA: @DZ cleared that up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back