SGM Randy Tyson

surgicalcric

Special Forces
Verified SOF
NICEVILLE, Fla. — Sgt Maj. Randy Eugene Tyson, US Army, age 55 of Niceville, Florida, formerly of Laurinburg and Fayetteville, passed away on Nov. 12, 2014 after a courageous battle with cancer.The Military Funeral Service will be 2 p.m. Wednesday at the East Laurinburg Baptist Church officiated by Rev. Richard Tyson. Burial will follow in Hillside Memorial Park.

Randy was born Feb. 23, 1959 in Scotland County, a loving son of the late Lenore Tillman "L.T." and Gladys Carter Tyson.

As a young man, his life goal was to serve in the military and was currently in his 31st year of service with the United States Army. His distinguished career began Oct. 30, 1980 that has involved positions in the Colombia Embassy, five tours of duty in Afghanistan and many other classified missions and special units.

For his service and bravery, Randy has been awarded honors including the Bronze Star Medal, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal and many more. He also earned a bachelor's degree in Business Administration.

Randy was a quiet, gentle man that believed in being trustworthy and responsible. He was a wonderful husband, father and grandfather, a great brother and a loyal soldier and friend. He enjoyed playing the guitar and truly loved spending time with his family and friends.

In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by sisters Mildred Tyson Dean and Pansy Tyson Blackwell.

Survivors are his wife, Carla Victoria Tyson of their home in Niceville, Florida; four sons, Randall "Derrick" Tyson and wife Stephanie of Laurinburg, Matthew Graig Tyson and wife Brittiany of Raleigh, Joshua Hunter Tyson of Columbia, South Carolina, Randy Diego and a daughter, Carla Isabella Tyson both of the home; three brothers, Marshall Tyson and wife Carlisa of Laurel Hill, Clarence Jefferson "C.J." Tyson and wife Ann of Laurel Hill, Richard Tyson and wife Angie of Laurinburg; three sisters, Norma Maultsby and husband John of Laurinburg, Sharon Tyson of Laurinburg and Carolyn Van Antwerp and husband Jim of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and seven grandchildren, Shane, Blake, Desiree, Kaylee, Ozzy Tyson of Laurinburg and Abram Matthew and Eli Jordan Tyson of Raleigh. He is also survived many nephews, nieces, cousins, friends and his fellow soldiers.
Visitation will be from 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at Richard Boles Funeral Service.
The family requests in lieu of flowers that memorial donations be given in the Sgt. Maj. Tyson's memory to the Wounded Warrior Foundation.

Its time to take it easy SGM.

Thanks for the mentorship, friendship, and for giving me the distinct honor of being a part of your and the family's daily life and the privilege of caring for you after you become ill; I will miss our lengthy conversations. The example you set of seeing the mission through, the men cared for and never thinking twice about putting your career on the line for both shall not soon be forgotten in he FPD - you are already missed.

We are all better for having known you and instead of your passing, we will celebrate your life Wednesday.

See you in the assembly area at the right hand of The Throne SGM.

Crip

Rest In Peace, SGM Tyson!

My sincerest condolences @surgicalcric for the loss of your friend and mentor. It sounds like he left an awesome legacy for others to follow and emulate.

Rest in peace, SGM.

Crip, so very sorry to hear this. Bless you for helping in his care. I'm sure it made a huge difference to both him and his family.

Fucking cancer.
Fair winds and following seas, SGM.
Deepest condolences and most sincere sympathy for your loss, Crip.

Rest in Peace SGM Tyson, and condolences to his family and friends. @surgicalcric, I am sorry for your loss.

All here, please know that 3rd SFG (A) and 7th SFG (A) are jointly ensuring he is properly honored. Visitation will be on Tuesday evening and the funeral will be Wednesday afternoon in Laurinburg, NC.

RIP SGM Tyson. My sincere condolences to those left behind, particularly you Crip.

Back