SOT-A

We're breaking out languages by dialect now? "I speak Castilian" is legit? "I speak American" is now spoken without a trace of irony?

I stand corrected about "Iraqi", but that is frankly just stupid.

Back to the SOT-A discussion.

It's really not when it comes to Arabic. Arabic is an entirely different beast and he might as well be learning a seperate language, especially Iraqi.

Yes. Just to clarify I mean 'Arabic, Iraqi dialect'. 99.9% of all listening in the course focuses on the Iraqi dialect and we were to only speak in the Iraqi. Course reading material was in MSA though; since obviously there is no written language for Iraqi.

Originally had orders to 4th ID in CO but had them switched to 101st for personal reasons. Still actively searching for ways to go SOT-A however.

And I'm with ya on that one. San Angelo is awful. Luckily I'm married so no STD's coming this way. Hah :p

If you're looking to come to 5th then why aren't you going to BAC? If you are and you're not being assigned to 5th, then we have legitimately stopped taking people. We're pretty full up here according to MTOE... That being said; We're very busy, and could honestly use all the extra people as the optempo is a couple notches down from ridiculous. If you do make it over here you will have to pass through the gates of GSB first. We have an enabler 3 week "course" and then a SOT-A pipeline of sorts.

If you're looking to come to 5th then why aren't you going to BAC? If you are and you're not being assigned to 5th, then we have legitimately stopped taking people. We're pretty full up here according to MTOE... That being said; We're very busy, and could honestly use all the extra people as the optempo is a couple notches down from ridiculous. If you do make it over here you will have to pass through the gates of GSB first. We have an enabler 3 week "course" and then a SOT-A pipeline of sorts.

Mind if I PM you?

Back