Space Officer intro

beantamug

Unverified
I'm a new member here. I've read posts from time to time over the years and finally joined. I am a prior enlisted Air Force Space Operations officer. I did a little over 6 years enlisted as a Structures troop in CE - Civil Engineering. I spent a brief stint at PJ indoc after bootcamp in 2009-2010, Class 002, and was reclassed to Structures after failing to complete that training. I did one deployment to Iraq in 2010-2011 on a JET deployment in-lieu-of Army engineers. We stayed busy, traveled all over the country, and did a lot of construction. As a SSgt I attempted to retrain to EOD and spent about 10 months at EOD school in Eglin AFB in 2014-2015. Unfortunately I also failed to complete that training, which was a huge kick in the nuts being so close to graduation. Went to OTS shortly after that, so here I am.

Space Ops was a needs of the Air Force thing. I listed AFSCs Security Forces Officer, Air Liason Officer, OSI Officer, and Logistics Readiness Officer. So far my time at pre-deployment training, the deployment to Iraq, and EOD school have been the highlights of my career. As you can imagine Space Ops and it's culture are far from where I'd like to be in the military.

I am searching for any info on the 919th SOW at Duke Field, particularly their Security Forces officers.

Back