State Guard (State Militia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of that special operations militia force we posted a long time back. It basically consisted of Commander Billy Bob who probably sounded a lot like Maj Robert Rogers, but lacked anymilitary experience.

Ya learn something new every day. Never knew these where formal organizations or that they are attached to the State Gov. Interesting!

PT isn't an issue, it has nothing to do in regards to aerobic ability.

It's in regards to my EYES.

MEPS gave me a 3P (P=Permanent) in the Vision portion of PULHES.

For that "P" to disappear off my record, I have to wait for my physical to expire.

Until that "P" disappears for vision, I'm inelgible for service.

I've even spoken to recruiters from other states as well, and in all 5 branches of the military, including their Reserve/Guard components.

My vision per MEPS record, is 20/35 and 20/45. WITH GLASSES, which is COMPLETELY incorrect per Optometrist. Vision is 20/20 WITH GLASSES.

It's all in regards to myv ision now, not my weight, nor my BMI. but my vision.

Then that means you were not meant for military service. Get your degree in something that interests you and apply for state and federal government jobs, if you really want to serve your country. Joining some bullshit "militia" isn't going to fulfill some halfass need to have to be in the military. If you want to serve your country, there are plenty of other ways.

Then that means you were not meant for military service. Get your degree in something that interests you and apply for state and federal government jobs, if you really want to serve your country. Joining some bullshit "militia" isn't going to fulfill some halfass need to have to be in the military. If you want to serve your country, there are plenty of other ways.

Speaking to my recruiter recently, I've learned I may possibly be able to get the 3P in E overlooked, and possibly cut down to a 2P (a 2P is better than a 3P, I'll gladly take that!)

Just waiting until he finishes First Sergeant's Course. and see how things go from there.

If that's the case, HELL YEAH!

Although, 18X, Option 40, and Option 4s by guestimation would be no-goes, because I'd need a waiver just for an MOS itself. . And Army Regs have limits to primary, and secondary waivers. (Secondary are for incentives/programs, primary is for MOS selection)

Navy, they don't have anything close, niether USMC, Air Force, or Coast Guard.

Army is my first choice anyway, and if the above is the case, my selection of jobs alone are going to be limited. Guestimating of course. I'll have the official information in either a couple weeks, or a couple days. but HELL YEAH!!!

Dude.......seriously?

I apologize for only reading half of your post before replying, but I, well...I just couldn't do it.

As for this part "Seattle in fact does have a Dive Medic/Combat Dive course. It's taught by 1/19th. Some ODAs in 1/19th during their two week a year training cycle, they'll train Seattle Battalions Divers, and Medics. Some get their "Two Weeks a year" extended to 5 weeks for the Dive Medic Course. ", I can tell you "in fact" that Seattle does NOT have a Dive Medic/Combat Dive course, nor is one taught by 1/19. I'm not only member of this unit, I'm the hair club president of the "dive" team in Washington state. If we were running a dive school, there's a pretty good chance I would know about it.

I would love to see the links/ sources of where you're getting your info.

If you are truly interested in being SF in Washington, contact me. I would love to sign you up as an 11B.

Dude.......seriously?

If you are truly interested in serving to serve, that's cool, but don't join a volunteer militia as a substitute for military service. I read the link that Trip posted and I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt that if activated for a state emergency, some peg-legged, supersize eating mofo tried to pull rank on me, I'd promptly and politely tell him where he could stick his store-bought rank and tell him to do it quickly before my boys eat him for a pre mission snack.

If you think about it, forest fires and river flooding are what state assets are used for in Washington (generally). I sincerely doubt the governor (especially Gregoire) would activate the reserves of the reserves to handle something like the WTO riots. That being said, why not check out the Forest Service or get on a summer Hot Shot crew. You'll serve, you'll get in shape, you'll have cameradierie, and, on top of all that, you'll get a paycheck. Neat-o.

Dude.......seriously?

I apologize for only reading half of your post before replying, but I, well...I just couldn't do it.

As for this part "Seattle in fact does have a Dive Medic/Combat Dive course. It's taught by 1/19th. Some ODAs in 1/19th during their two week a year training cycle, they'll train Seattle Battalions Divers, and Medics. Some get their "Two Weeks a year" extended to 5 weeks for the Dive Medic Course. ", I can tell you "in fact" that Seattle does NOT have a Dive Medic/Combat Dive course, nor is one taught by 1/19. I'm not only member of this unit, I'm the hair club president of the "dive" team in Washington state. If we were running a dive school, there's a pretty good chance I would know about it.

I would love to see the links/ sources of where you're getting your info.

If you are truly interested in being SF in Washington, contact me. I would love to sign you up as an 11B.

Haha! GRAP homo! (with all due respect, of course)

G-man, here's the awesomeness of the internet, you never know who will come along and throw a BS flag on your adventures. Maybe someone lied to you, I don't know, but Ajax's word on this is something I'd trust.

I stuck a toothpick in this thread and it came out clean; looks like it is done to me. Time to let it cool before we put icing on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back