The Aging Crisis in America

AWP

SOF Support
All of us get older by the day and Americans, thanks to our quality of life (go Capitalism), are living longer than ever (minus American-funded Chinese efforts a few years ago). So, it is no surprise when we see the elderly, long past their best days, in situations for which they are unprepared. I give you one such example:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/11/politics/joe-biden-age-decline-democrats-angry/index.html

“There is a marked difference in the president from the spring to the summer,” a senior Democrat told CNN. “He’s just not the same.”

Back in Washington, there have been clear signs throughout his term of Biden being increasingly stage-managed, with lists of talking points, names of questioners and drawings of where he should walk presented to him by aides. Ahead of closed-door Cabinet meetings that Biden attends, it is customary for Cabinet officials to submit questions and key talking points that they plan to present in front of Biden ahead of time to White House aides, two sources with direct knowledge told CNN.

In fact, the last full Cabinet meeting took place on October 2, 2023. Sources also said Cabinet meetings during the Obama years, which Biden attended as vice president, were not pre-scripted this way.

Look out for your old folks. Take care of them and take them out of the workforce and off the roads before they hurt someone.

You know, I'm 71 and a day or two past my prime...I'm still active in my second profession because the generations behind me don't math so well...not to mention that they don't seem to enjoy days outdoors in the weather, be it -25°F or 115°F...so while some of us might be doddering about a bit, in many cases, it's because some of us are doing what the younger generations won't...IMNSHO... :-P

You know, I'm 71 and a day or two past my prime...I'm still active in my second profession because the generations behind me don't math so well...not to mention that they don't seem to enjoy days outdoors in the weather, be it -25°F or 115°F...so while some of us might be doddering about a bit, in many cases, it's because some of us are doing what the younger generations won't...IMNSHO... :-P
Don't worry folks. His insurance is up to date. #foolmeonce

My uncle in Wisconsin in in his late-70s. Worked as a park ranger right up to mandatory retirement. He also retired from the Wisc National Guard. He's an avid outdoorsman. Y'all inspire me.

You people frustrate me, I swear...

The election thread was locked at the time, so I created this "non-political" thread because the staff isn't smart enough to notice. That way we could discuss politics under the radar.

Sigh. My genius is underappreciated.

Something to note. In many specialized fields, such as Health Care, Tech, Engineering, etc, a lot of the older workforce with specialized knowledge is either aging out or have taken an early retirement. Much of their knowledge and expertise has essentially been lost. China's gift of Covid and our internal mismanagement also killed off a portion of our weak and elderly as well.

This decline is also why Western govts are mass importing people from the third world, places like India, China, SEA, North Africa, Central, and South America. Govt's are trying to fill the tax base with low tier workers, to prop up falling native birthrates, while impoverishing their own citizens via foreign led crime and a loss in wages.

You people frustrate me, I swear...

The election thread was locked at the time, so I created this "non-political" thread because the staff isn't smart enough to notice. That way we could discuss politics under the radar.

Sigh. My genius is underappreciated.
Oh I got it. But that last line could not stand, you poor bastard. Out of the workforce? Off the roads? Yeah, right. Cuz who else is gonna drive 25 miles one-way to work in a building which used to be a prison and now has no AC on the bottom floor and the occasional (way too often) complete lack of water (read "indoor plumbing") in Las Vegas in the summer. Did I mention the EOD practice that goes on next door? O_o

Back