The Next Big Left Wing Gun Control Initiative...

If I were a politician and had to choose between voting on new gun restrictions and new laws concerning abortion or gay rights, I wouldn't touch the former. Only the most zealous anti-2A folks in entrenched districts/ states would go near gun control right now.

Last check up, I told the doctor "Look doc, just stick your finger up my ass; don't worry about any guns I may or may not have!" :ROFLMAO:

Just like when filling out paperwork at a doctor's office and they want to know employer, job, work phone number, etc. It is only their business if you make it their business.

They only have the power we give them. If everyone answered "no" when the doctor asked about guns, we wouldn't have any problems...

As a side note listing things like occupation and hobbies can help aid the physician in diagnosis and treatment. As an example my father in law just had to get an MRI but due to him blacksmithing as a hobby they had to do something other than an MRI, as the magnets could move particles of metal in his eyes leading to blindness. Something to think about while you are hoarding useless info from your doctors.

It is important to not miss the little things in taking a history, the above for an MRI is a great case in point. Dietary supplements are another often missed "thought" that can get you in trouble, excessive bleeding times to be specific. The issue of weapons in the home have been "square fillers" in many HMO's, and facility based practices. How the question is asked is a bit of an "art", to get the point across without igniting hostile reactions. Is your doc really going to make any difference in the way you look at weapons in the home? Is an answer going to bring black choppers and battering rams to your home @ 0200hrs ? Probably not. Most firearms are purchased with full background checks, and in some states, only with a license. I doubt that any new information is going to be gleaned by asking if weapons are in the home. Is it worth asking the question at all, and can it have saved a life or two ? I can think of a cases where a doc might just have made a difference. The disturbed lad that took the lives of his mother, school children, and his own, is a case where the lad's doc might have made a difference. Did he ask, I don't know, but if he did, Mom was not impressed.

So, should doc's ask about weapons in the home? I think it should be explored in homes that have children. I believe it should be asked in cases where mentally challenged people are involved. The challenge, is in just how do you bring up the question, the "art" of discussing something personal. The practitioner is not asking for the governments interest, are they? Practitioners ask some pretty delicate questions, and people seek care for sexually transmitted diseases all the time. Why would you not trust the same person with information about weapons in the home? Doc's care about you, and your life, that is the whole point; or am I missing something here.

OK, off the soapbox. Fire away, I listen pretty good. By the way, I own long guns, handguns, have a CCW permit, and carry most of the time.

Yeah people will go to the Dr to get the bottle out of their ass, but only if gun ownership isn't questioned.

The doctors here used to ask "Do you have guns in the home?" None of your damn business, doc.

Doctor: "Do you have guns in the home?"

Patient: "uh... I don't think that's any of your business and I don't see how it's relevant. .."

Doctor: *scribbles on notepad, mumbling* "subject is highly defensive, combative, irrational. Appears to be suffering from moderate to severe paranoia..."

Patient: "what the..."

Doctor: "uncooperative, threatening in posture and body language..."

Just like I mentioned on the "Secret Agent in Canada Thread," you know what the right and wrong answers are, and you know what is going to raise flags with the questioner... Practice your resistance training and LIE!!!

Well...this is...awkward.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-state-senator-leland-yee-arrested-in-federal-raid/

State Sen. Leland Yee, one of the most powerful Democratic politicians in California, was arrested Wednesday morning in a major series of federal raids in the Bay Area targeting corruption and gang activity, CBS San Francisco reported.
Federal agents arrested Lee at his home in San Francisco Wednesday morning and drove him to the federal courthouse while his offices in Sacramento were raided as well.
An FBI affidavit in support of a criminal complaint against Yee and 25 other people reveals the lawmaker is accused of conspiracy to deal firearms and wire fraud.

Back