Travel location with kids advice

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
We're thinking of taking the kids (6 and 11) somewhere in January for a week. It'll be there first real out of country trip with flights. We take them to Watertown, NY all the time and we're hitting up the NY State Fair in August.
We are thinking Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. If we go to Orlando, we're not doing Disney; the boy is still to young.

Hmmm.

Florida has great options even without the Mouse. There’s SeaWorld and Universal Studios. US is perfect if they’re Harry Potter fans…and really, who isn’t? There are beaches, a few places you can drive on the beach, some zoos, and Saint Augustine, which is the oldest town in the US. St. A has also got a fort you can explore. You can also do the Navy SEAL museum. You might meet Raven and Bullet, the museum’s two Belgian Malinois MPCs. Jedi’s coin is on display there—send me a pic of it and I’ll send you his new coin 👍1719089862473.png

Texas is awesome. San Antonio has the RiverWalk, and I’m sure @DA SWO will chime in about things to do in SA with kids. Houston has the stockyards and the bar where scenes from Walker, Texas Ranger were filmed.

I’m not very familiar with Arizona, as I’ve only driven through it.

We're thinking of taking the kids (6 and 11) somewhere in January for a week. It'll be there first real out of country trip with flights. We take them to Watertown, NY all the time and we're hitting up the NY State Fair in August.
We are thinking Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc. If we go to Orlando, we're not doing Disney; the boy is still to young.

I'm in the Orlando area. Some of this forum's members see fit to shit on me by not attempting a link up when they are in town. Maybe it's me.

Anyway, PM me the ages, budget, and time available. My wife (she doesn't know I've signed her up for this) and I will give you some options.

San Diego. It is awesome in January. Legoland is there, which kids dig. There are beaches, average temp in the 70’s, great food, world class craft beer.

You can visit the desert, mountains and beach in a day.

Back