trying to get a handle on this

spooked_eggs

Intel
SOF Support
I'm in my crosstraining window(currently imagery intel) working hard at the requirements and paperwork but I haven't had a chance to actually speak with anybody that has first hand knowledge in SOWT life. I'm attempting to get an idea of a 'day' 'week' or 'year' in the life, whatever is most appropriate. I've got some fairly basic questions, mostly what the deployment schedule is like and how likely it is for a SOWT to be involved in combat. Its pretty easy to find the same info in CCT PJ etc but apparently SOWT info is scarce or well hidden.. day to day or week to week how much time is generally spent actually "doing the job" training (instead of admin or similar things). Also since I haven't had a chance to actually meet any SOWTs I'm wondering whats 'the right fit', I still don't know if I'm the right kind of person for this job or if this jobs the right place for me. I don't feel like I'm doing everything I'm capable of in my current field and I'm looking to find a place where I can have a more direct impact on the battlefield. Any info or vectoring is greatly appreciated

I'm in my crosstraining window(currently imagery intel) working hard at the requirements and paperwork but I haven't had a chance to actually speak with anybody that has first hand knowledge in SOWT life. I'm attempting to get an idea of a 'day' 'week' or 'year' in the life, whatever is most appropriate. I've got some fairly basic questions, mostly what the deployment schedule is like and how likely it is for a SOWT to be involved in combat. Its pretty easy to find the same info in CCT PJ etc but apparently SOWT info is scarce or well hidden.. day to day or week to week how much time is generally spent actually "doing the job" training (instead of admin or similar things). Also since I haven't had a chance to actually meet any SOWTs I'm wondering whats 'the right fit', I still don't know if I'm the right kind of person for this job or if this jobs the right place for me. I don't feel like I'm doing everything I'm capable of in my current field and I'm looking to find a place where I can have a more direct impact on the battlefield. Any info or vectoring is greatly appreciated

Every SOWT team will have a slightly different OPTEMPO.
You will be with SOF units, you will be on or very near the battlefield.
We have a couple of SOWTs on board here, but they will probably expect you to get a little more research done on your own... I got 2700 hits on an internet search...

If your stationed at Hurby, why didn't you just contact the STS and talk to a SOWT member directly? They can give you a no shit answer and run you through a PAST test.

More than one SOWT member has an AFCAM. Deployment tempo is cyclic, the pipelines is also long so today's tempo might not be the same in 24 months.
To be or to do, where do you fit in?

Kheenbish, that was COA 1 but they just sent me to the recruiter -.- I got tons of awesome information (everything I was asking about in the original post and then some) from him but hes a CCT, so its all a little different.
DA SWO, 'to be or to do' I know I've heard this phrase before but I'm not sure I remember what it means 100%, if I remember correctly its a 'do you want the job or the title' question. I want the job. I want to do something that's hard, that's gonna push me. Most importantly something that makes a difference all the time not every now and then. I know there's alot of cool guy shiny medal factor and yeah that's cool but its not really a driving force, its 'what does the cool guy DO with his life' that catches my attention

Back