US Army Establishes Master Gunner Identification Badge

Kraut783

SOF Support
Looks cool....I have no dog in this fight, just posting.

US Army Establishes Master Gunner Identification Badge - Soldier Systems Daily

"Earlier this month, the Honorable Raymond T Oroho, acting Assistant Secretary of the Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, signed a memorandum establishing the Master Gunner Identification Badge. It is intended to be worn on the ASU as well as ACU."

Master Gunner.JPG

Although there are Master Gunners at all Divisions, the badge is limited to graduates of these seven courses:
-Field Artillery Master Gunner Course
-Master Gunnery-M1/M1A1 Tank Course
-Infantry Fighting Vehicle Master Gunner Course
-Avenger Master Gunner Course
-M1A2 SEP Master Gunner Course
-Stryker Master Gunner Course
-Patriot Master Gunner Course

Sheesh! Where are you guys going to find room to put that thing?

And the rest of them? LOL
(From the linked article)
Word on the street is that Army will be establishing even more badges this year.

1517365765370.png

Weak sauce, Army. Step up your game!
latest

fitz03_3502_01.jpg

Screen-Shot-2012-07-21-at-14.19.06.png

main-qimg-d73d367e5b4c4494cf29857bb698fc51-c

Looks cool....I have no dog in this fight, just posting.

US Army Establishes Master Gunner Identification Badge - Soldier Systems Daily

"Earlier this month, the Honorable Raymond T Oroho, acting Assistant Secretary of the Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, signed a memorandum establishing the Master Gunner Identification Badge. It is intended to be worn on the ASU as well as ACU."

View attachment 21233

Although there are Master Gunners at all Divisions, the badge is limited to graduates of these seven courses:
-Field Artillery Master Gunner Course
-Master Gunnery-M1/M1A1 Tank Course
-Infantry Fighting Vehicle Master Gunner Course
-Avenger Master Gunner Course
-M1A2 SEP Master Gunner Course
-Stryker Master Gunner Course
-Patriot Master Gunner Course
The Master Gunners I served with would not want this.

Army's 1st female Master Gunner brings weapons training expertise to Reserve unit

Kudos to SFC Saunders, but...

"We're all sustainment, and we're going to start to have to learn how to shoot all this gunnery, so we're going to have to learn how to do this."

I've served in the Army Reserves and we did a fair amount of range time with crew served weapons. Granted, it was an MP unit.

Does the modern Reserves not observe the 'Your unit has it, somebody qualifies on it' rule for weapon assignment?

"learn how to shoot all this gunnery" What does this even mean? Am I so dumb I can't recognize a legitimate phrase?

I was gonna make some smarmy comment about being in the Navy and the Navy not needing all those badges, but these days they are just as bad....

if you can bring the 155 in and hit me, I will personally transfer the funds before hand so you can buy your new shiny toy.

Back