US Navy Hopes stealth ship answers a rising China

I was more interested in "a threat" since it's such a vague statement. I'd assume that with three they'd not be operating on their own but rather as part of a CBG or a taskforce.

Don't worry. Here's the 4.4-billion dollar stealth destroyer named after the guy who let sailors grow their hair long in the 70s that only leaks a little from time to time and only broke down once in the Panama Canal that will save Taiwan........and America.

160421-N-YE579-005_(26543438313).jpg

I don't see why somebody in the Pentagon hasn't yet figured out we need, and can, go asymmetrical on these fuckers the way the VC/Taliban etc. did to us. Do we need these huge ships and 300 new F35s? Can't we build tens of thousands of smaller stealth drone torpedoes and anti-ship mines to handle the China threat without breaking the bank?

I don't see why somebody in the Pentagon hasn't yet figured out we need, and can, go asymmetrical on these fuckers the way the VC/Taliban etc. did to us. Do we need these huge ships and 300 new F35s? Can't we build tens of thousands of smaller stealth drone torpedoes and anti-ship mines to handle the China threat without breaking the bank?

I think the problem with mines particularly is that they deny movement both ways…

I think the problem with mines particularly is that they deny movement both ways…

As well as some nasty civilian-casualty outcomes. Naval mines may be a different ballgame, but persistent land mines are very much a "you really can't solve this problem any other way?" kind of approval for use. (And I'd be VERY careful around a former non-persistent minefield)

More along the lines of a small crafts or submersible that can carry a charge, even a small one. Multiple can be used against one ship. We don't need to mine the ocean to stop China's navy if they get crazy. Get some nerds to wire up some r/c boats with 100s mi. of range, small charges, cameras, IR, NV, the whole 9, put some AirTags on them shits and go scoop em' up (whatever is left) when it's all over.

Last edited:
More along the lines of a small crafts or submersible that can carry a charge, even a small one. Multiple can be used against one ship. We don't need to mine the ocean to stop China's navy if they get crazy. Get some nerds to wire up some r/c boats with 100s mi. of range, small charges, cameras, IR, NV, the whole 9, put some AirTags on them shits and go scoop em' up when it's all over.
Honestly yeah. The majority of their ships are supposed to be on the smaller size, so I wonder how many countermeasure they can cram into something without that much tonnage.

As an aside, China has a lot of "academic" talent here in the US. Talent that is very vulnerable and has ties to the CCP. I'm not saying co-opt, kill, or isolate, but in the event China does get froggy, it makes very little sense as to why we are training, educating, housing, their technical and academic elite.

I mean China kinda went after our youth with TikToc... why not go after their budding scientists?

Back