Veteran Employment Through Technology Education Courses for Training Providers (VET TEC)

mac21

Verified Military
Hi all,

I browse frequently and post rarely, but I feel that this is something worth sharing. VET TEC is a pilot program through the VA to help veterans find employment in the high tech industry by paying for their tuition at coding boot camps, as well as a stipend while they're attending.

It took me longer to reset my password than to finish the application. I highly recommend anyone who is interested to apply ASAP before funding runs out for the year.

I'll keep everyone in the loop with whatever updates I get during the process.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I think I might just apply for this program.

For those still following along at home, I had to withdraw my application.

My wife and I had a son on July 3, and he has an issue with a kidney. Thankfully not life threatening but I want to be able to be flexible for that.

For anyone thinking about applying, the programs require a coding and math (basic alegebra) assessment as part of the application process. They have prep courses on their sites if you need it.

For those still following along at home, I had to withdraw my application.

My wife and I had a son on July 3, and he has an issue with a kidney. Thankfully not life threatening but I want to be able to be flexible for that.

For anyone thinking about applying, the programs require a coding and math (basic alegebra) assessment as part of the application process. They have prep courses on their sites if you need it.
You're a good dad.

Not to be redundant in an older thread, but I inquired about this recently. If anyone is considering this program, I spoke with a rep who said funding is capped until October 2020. I believe they state that on their website as well, but figured I'd put it in this thread just in case. They have some great programs though if you're interested in coding/development/InfoSec. I'm finishing up a Cybersecurity degree and wanted to try and pad that with industry certifications that they offer. Just in case some member's timelines could be affected by the funding cap, hopefully this is useful.

Back