War and Gold

Being allowed to sue a foreign entity is one thing (and certainly allowed under JASTA) but collecting may be something altogether different.

Motherfuckers... 'HSBC, Credit Suisse, Barclays, Standard Chartered, Royal Bank of Scotland and Commerzbank', can all gargle a syphilitic dick. I don't understand why Europe keeps dicking us over, especially, when it comes to dealing with Iran. Traitorous sons of bitches. There has got to be a way to make these companies pay for their actions.

First thing that came to mind about HSBC was THIS. HSBC is one of the worst banks I've ever had to deal and it's not surprising. They're to big to control and I highly doubt anything will happen to them.

First thing that came to mind about HSBC was THIS. HSBC is one of the worst banks I've ever had to deal and it's not surprising. They're to big to control and I highly doubt anything will happen to them.

I was just typing there is one bank on that list that I am baffled is still able to operate as freely as it appears to operate to the outside world. That might not be the case, but HSBC is about as grimy a spot as it gets in my opinion.

Holy shit. I had no idea they were that bad.

No, nothing of consequence. When you're making that much money, imagine the secrets you hold. I was an IT guy at Merrill Lynch when the bubble popped in '08. Getting to the senior levels of the finance industry is about as "blood in, blood out" as becoming an NFL coach. Oh, you sucked your company into the gutter? Golden parachute, go someplace else for a few years, go to a different company. The architect of ML's role in the subprime fiasco kept his job...probably because his dad, the CEO, was "fired" and the consensus among the rank and file is daddy fell on a sword to keep junior in the game.

The mob in its heyday couldn't touch the finance industry for greed, corruption, and power.

Holy shit. I had no idea they were that bad.

No, nothing of consequence. When you're making that much money, imagine the secrets you hold. I was an IT guy at Merrill Lynch when the bubble popped in '08. Getting to the senior levels of the finance industry is about as "blood in, blood out" as becoming an NFL coach. Oh, you sucked your company into the gutter? Golden parachute, go someplace else for a few years, go to a different company. The architect of ML's role in the subprime fiasco kept his job...probably because his dad, the CEO, was "fired" and the consensus among the rank and file is daddy fell on a sword to keep junior in the game.

The mob in its heyday couldn't touch the finance industry for greed, corruption, and power.

Oh, wholeheartedly agree. My White Collar Crime class was the best class I ever took in college. It's simply the cost of doing business. The money they lose in fines and court costs is nowhere near the profit margin for committing felonious/negligent acts. "We didn't do that, but we'll never do it again." If you have the opportunity, look up Moral Disengagement.

Back