Well done, PJs...

So- I graduated with Auggie. He's a damn beast. Auggie was having shit tons of problems with his leg (which was amputated after this event) and the prosthetics. So, he made the unreal choice to get surgery and voluntarily amputate his leg above the knee as opposed to below (where it was after the event).

ESPN did a story on him- he is worthy of every hyperbolic word or praise I can think of.

August O'Niell is used to 'prove-yourself moments'

Don't some of us know a member, SF 18D that suffered catastrophic injuries leading to something similar? Our brother, Surgical Cric.

Auggie sounds like a fucking beast.

When I was at Bragg a few weeks ago, my buddy pointed out one of the cadre, a contractor. He said, "you see that guy? He's medically retired. The reason he's limping is he was blown up during an ambush."

My buddy told me the story, essentially performed self-aid while also providing and directing care, and returning fire. Then called in CAS. He got a DSC, said that he thinks he had been talked about for a Medal of Honor.

So, about an hour before, this guy and I chatted for about 30 minutes. Super nice, he was far more interested in me in what I was doing than anything else.

These heroes, all of them quiet professionals, welcome amongst the mortals. We all stand on their shoulders.

Back