Why the ADF handgun is an ethics issue.

Interesting, no-one gets side arm training now? That, I know sounds nieve but fuck me drunk...

Yeah apart from what you're taught during IETs, you might be lucky to see range time with them on a yearly basis, and even then it's mostly just static yippee shoots - definitely nothing like teaching proper transition drills or actually being taught how to shoot the damn thing effectively.

I know when I was the company Land and Ammo NCO we weren't allocated enough ammo for the M9 to do the all the tables for the combat pistol.

^^This^^

Unfortunately, even with units that have an MTOE allocated with side arms assigned, this has always been an issue since I can remember. Seems Operations Officers can't wrap it around their heads to factor in round counts during allocation forecastings, so the ammo guy (Person) gets beat up whenever someone is requesting range time later on down the road, and their request gets rejected, because the units have nothing on hand to draw from at the ASP's.

It's always been a matter of FY budgets, allocations and priorities in the Big Army. And this one is usually at the bottom of the totem pole.

SOF types don't fall into this category unless someone is flat on their face.

Our issue was the Big Army didn't think that is was important. My battalion shifted all available ammo for the M9 to us and it still wasn't enough and we only have 30 M9s on the MTOE.

Back