Avengers Endgame Discussion - SPOILERS WITHIN - you have been warned....

That time travel thinggbwas crazy they basically created a bunch of different timelines to save theirs

I think the Black Widow vs. Ronin scene was more impactful than Iron Man. I was hoping there would have been more mention about that during Tony's funeral.

Cap with Thor's hammer? Badass.

Fat Thor=The Big Lebowski, and I loved it.

Spiderman holding onto the gauntlet and basically getting thrown around the whole battlefield was cool.

The "female avengers" short scene wasn't a bad idea, but was a bit to on the nose to land as anything other than "wokeness".

IDK how I feel about the ending for Cap; it sorta breaks the movie's own rules, but damn if he didn't deserve a happy ending.

ETA: Scarlett Witch and Cpt. Marvel both got some short fight scenes with Thanos showing close to their full powers; while cool as shit, it only highlights how both of them are basically Deus Ex Machina when fighting normal villans.

Here we go...

So, what's the deal with Gamora?

Why was Captain America able to wield the hammer? I thought maybe he was really Loki for a while.

If Nebula shot her previous self, shouldn't her current self be dead/no longer exist? (I'm no space time continuum or fluid dynamics expert)

What about Loki? Technically, he should still be alive right? (see my previous comment on time travel)

Anyone else sit through the credits expecting something like every other Avengers/Marvel film?

Good movie overall but not as jaw dropping as Infinity War.

Last edited:
Here we go...

Why was Captain America able to wield the hammer? I thought maybe he was really Loki for a while.

If Nebula shot her previous self, shouldn't her current self be dead/no longer exist? (I'm no space time continuum or fluid dynamics expert)

What about Loki? Technically, he should still be alive right? (see my previous comment on time travel)

Anyone else sit through the credits expecting something like every other Avengers film?

1. The Gamora Quill knows is dead (same as Nat). The one who kneed him is an alternate timeline one and has no history with him.
2. Loki can't wield it as has been shown in previous movies. Cap is worthy as judged by the hammer (words whispered in the first Thor by Odin: Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of THOR! ).
3. As soon as they traveled back in time they started an alternate timeline. Bald lady with the time stone touched on this a bit as did others when talking about time travel. It was around the time Scott showed up at HQ.
4. Loki is somewhere...doing something...
5. Nope our theater had signs everywhere saying there was no end scene and please don't linger.

Last edited:
Gamora always had good in her, it just took the "good Nebula" to get her to flip sides.

Captain America has been the only one ever able to even hazard picking up Moljinir other than Thor, and also wielded it in the comics in the past when necessary. The fact that he did was pretty much awesomesauce albeit expected by anyone who's ever read the comics.

Nebula was intertwined with her current time self due to her cyborg modifications/circuitry when she was in the same time/space, but it's not like dispersed computing where both of them were Unity together, they were just basically mesh networked... You shoot a PC on a network that's giving you problems, doesn't mean the whole network goes down, nor any data lost other than on the system you nuked.

Loki's "incident" was bypassed due to going even further back where they had a twofer of access, both to a means to return and sourcing the cube. That cube doesn't allow time travel, so while in that reality he got away with it, it may play in further at some point but I doubt it as it's a non-event.

Here we go...

Anyone else sit through the credits expecting something like every other Avengers film?

This Gamora is pre-meeting the guardians of the galaxy. She has no idea who anyone is. She doesn't know Starlord and her were an item.

Cap as always been able to wield the Hammer; it was hinted at in Age of Ultron when he got it off the table a bit. There is no "sorta worthy"; either you are or you aren't.

As far as Nebula/Loki; no. Professor Hulk sort of explains it, but they aren't "exactly" time travelling. They are basically jumping to other parallel universes. So, Loki might still be alive, but not in the main universe.

I mean, anyone who knows anything about foreshadowing knew they win... Especially when it's specifically handed over BY Dr. Strange. He did the research, he knew what outcome "won" the best, and he put that into action by taking the steps he could take to ensure it's outcome being reality.

Current Gamora died with Tony’s snap....You briefly saw Quill electronically searching for her on the ship just prior to Thor arriving.

I did not like that Hulk did not “go hulk”

Wanted more out of Cpt Marvel.

Good movie, not as good as infinity war....different, but good.

Sam Wilson/Falcon on coms with Cap was pretty cool.

A slower, more drawn out Solo/Millenium Falcon on coms with Skywalker/Red Five

and the bigger question.. is this Marvel Comic Universe over? It's opened up stories to the parallel universes, but that would be a weak playbook.

I feel like Captain Marvel could get maybe a movie about her time away.. Spiderman has one coming.. maybe the parallel universe where Loki needs to get stopped. But you're going down a slippery slope if you're going to open up the MCU to the parallel universes/timelines.

Time to expand the x-men universe.

But you're going down a slippery slope if you're going to open up the MCU to the parallel universes/timelines.
Big-time agree with you. My hope is that Marvel will see the damage done by Star Wars and Star Trek trying to break away from Cannon. Those two historic franchises spent decades letting fans believe there was one true universe, and then in the name of money and a hot director, gave the go ahead to turn that universe upside down. ( look away! Nothing to see here! )

It may work in the short run, but the fans who have been loyal and spent countless dollars a piece on your franchise, will be the disappointed voice that slowly deadens your product And makes it not quite so exciting or an event anymore.

Back