Diplomatic Security Service Mobile SecurityDeployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

john4455

Unverified
What is it these guys do more or less do they function like the secret service counter assault team or the fbi's hrt or like bortac

I apologize it is an old habit I am wondering what is it the the Office of Mobile Security Deployments do More or less . I know they area tactical unit but like whose are they similar to ; the FBI 's elite Hostage Rescue Team or like the Secret Services Counter assault team or border patrols Bortac

I apologize it is an old habit I am wondering what is it the the Office of Mobile Security Deployments do More or less . I know they area tactical unit but like whose are they similar to ; the FBI 's elite Hostage Rescue Team or like the Secret Services Counter assault team or border patrols Bortac

Is English your first language? Yeah, I am being kind of a dick, but any of the units you referenced will require you to write professionally, clearly and concisely, since any written communication will be open for use in a court of law.

Here is an example of making your post more readable and professional:

I apologize, it is an old habit. I was wondering what the Office of Mobile Security Deployments does. I know they are a tactical unit, but are they more like the FBI 's elite Hostage Rescue Team, the Secret Service's Counter Assault team, or the US Border Patrol's BORTAC Teams.

Have you tried searching the .gov sites for your answer? There may be a reason you can't find a lot of information.

Well I scoured every .gov site that would have any pertinent information and I should have done that first but thanks for the advice

Also since I last posted to the site the previous post excluded ; I have graduated high school and am starting college in the fall . Whith that being said I was wondering if there was anyone on this site who is a prior Diplomatic Security Service agent who could give me advice

I would say DSS MSD is more like USSS with a CAT ability thrown in. MSD is not a entry level position for a DSS Agent.....also, remember....DSS is a foreign service, meaning you are overseas most of your career.

Somebody did a special on the MSD teams, think maybe National Geographic, really good show. They did a lot of travel....all OCONUS.

http://www.state.gov/m/ds/career/c8853.htm

Also since I last posted to the site the previous post excluded ; I have graduated high school and am starting college in the fall . Whith that being said I was wondering if there was anyone on this site who is a prior Diplomatic Security Service agent who could give me advice

Did you not read or understand anything x SF med said about your use of the English language?

So, you went from being an unintelligible high schooler to an unintelligible college pre-freshman, with the same stupid questions. Big deal.

You have at least 4 years before the DSS will even look at you sideways. Go apply yourself in college, and live your life alittle without being any more stupid than you already seem.

Best Man at my wedding, still at it with DSS. This was his 3rd assignment with the protectee.

ScreenHunter_571%20May.%2019%2002.53_zpsiz1noraz.jpg

Since no one has really answered or been helpful, and seem to rather enjoy trolling or putting others down to make themselves feel better, I will respond to your inquiry in a positive manner.

MSD - (Mobile Security Deployment) are DSS agents - (Diplomatic Security Service), who volunteer for 3-3.5 years to be part of this team. Currently there are no fitness standards that are more stringent then the regular fitness standards given from the start of your career. However, due to extensive training, being physically fit would be a perk and also for your safety and your teams while deployed. MSD has three sections.
MTT - (Mobile Training Team)
These guys train local Law Enforcement at Embassies, U.S. Marine Corps security guards, & and other Foreign Service personnel.
SST - (Security Support Team)
Report to international crisis or threats on short notice to ensure security at embassies and consulates, and/or assist in evacuating U.S. State Dept personnel. They are trained for counterattacks.
TST - (Tactical Support Team)
These guys shadow protective details. Heavily armed reaction force in support of the protective detail assigned to high profile protectees such as the Secretary of State and other Foreign Dignitaries.

If you are interested in this kind of work first aim for getting into the State Department Foreign Service. I recently when through the process and can definitely tell you what they are looking for.

Even though born and raised in the US (NY), I am first generation American. Spanish was my first language, I did not know any English when I began school. ESL of course was mandatory. When I graduated HS my English writing skills/vocabulary were not up to par. But no worries. You need a bachelors degree to become an agent, and in your first few years you will take English in college and will do a lot of writing and research papers. I think you might just be quickly typing here since this isn't an online college class, you are simply asking a question. I'm not really sure why they are picking on you. But moving on bc you shouldn't pay trolls any mind. I do recommend that you travel a lot. State likes to see that you are culturally diverse and well traveled. Shows that you are comfortable getting out of your own comfort zone. Volunteer in your community. If you can during college do an internship with them or if possible an international organization, maybe a humanitarian one. What are you majoring in? On your free time go to a shooting range and practice. That's the one thing that is looked at and more stringent then your regular DSS agents, qualifications are higher. If you have a second or multiple languages even better. If you don't pick up a language in college. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. No judgements on this end.

Since no one has really answered or been helpful, and seem to rather enjoy trolling or putting others down to make themselves feel better, I will respond to your inquiry in a positive manner.

MSD - (Mobile Security Deployment) are DSS agents - (Diplomatic Security Service), who volunteer for 3-3.5 years to be part of this team. Currently there are no fitness standards that are more stringent then the regular fitness standards given from the start of your career. However, due to extensive training, being physically fit would be a perk and also for your safety and your teams while deployed. MSD has three sections.
MTT - (Mobile Training Team)
These guys train local Law Enforcement at Embassies, U.S. Marine Corps security guards, & and other Foreign Service personnel.
SST - (Security Support Team)
Report to international crisis or threats on short notice to ensure security at embassies and consulates, and/or assist in evacuating U.S. State Dept personnel. They are trained for counterattacks.
TST - (Tactical Support Team)
These guys shadow protective details. Heavily armed reaction force in support of the protective detail assigned to high profile protectees such as the Secretary of State and other Foreign Dignitaries.

If you are interested in this kind of work first aim for getting into the State Department Foreign Service. I recently when through the process and can definitely tell you what they are looking for.

Even though born and raised in the US (NY), I am first generation American. Spanish was my first language, I did not know any English when I began school. ESL of course was mandatory. When I graduated HS my English writing skills/vocabulary were not up to par. But no worries. You need a bachelors degree to become an agent, and in your first few years you will take English in college and will do a lot of writing and research papers. I think you might just be quickly typing here since this isn't an online college class, you are simply asking a question. I'm not really sure why they are picking on you. But moving on bc you shouldn't pay trolls any mind. I do recommend that you travel a lot. State likes to see that you are culturally diverse and well traveled. Shows that you are comfortable getting out of your own comfort zone. Volunteer in your community. If you can during college do an internship with them or if possible an international organization, maybe a humanitarian one. What are you majoring in? On your free time go to a shooting range and practice. That's the one thing that is looked at and more stringent then your regular DSS agents, qualifications are higher. If you have a second or multiple languages even better. If you don't pick up a language in college. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. No judgements on this end.

I see you are new here. Thanks for your insight. I see from your rejected (failure to follow simple instructions) vetting request you are currently a Federal LEO working with SOF in Afghanistan.

Is attention to detail an important prerequisite for a Federal LEO, or DSS job? It is when it comes to SOF specific jobs. On this forum we prefer for our members to utilize proper grammar when possible. It fosters a professional feel that we expect, both when providing guidance, and when receiving questions. If you would have been on this site more than 22 minutes from your introduction to this snarky post, you might have come to understand that.

Good luck in your endeavors. I hope that whatever SOF unit you are attached to doesn't have to put up with your passive aggressive bullshit for too much longer.

...No judgements on this end.

Well that's great and all, but there ARE "judgements" here, and they exist in the real world as well.

You would have been a lot better off just posting about your experiences in the field instead of trying to bookend it with your virtue signaling. Swooping in on your white horse and picking a fight with staff and senior site members is a recipe for disaster. Did they not cover a concept called "situational awareness" in your training? Local norms and customs? Adopting to a new operational environment? Nothing? Either they never trained you on those topics or you didn't apply them here. Either way, you're a FAIL at this station.

We're not here to enable mediocrity. The advice that the original poster received in this thread was solid. No one is going to take a "l33tspeak"-er seriously, especially not in a Special Operations environment. These are important life lessons, which you (unasked, and unwelcomed) are attempting to undo.

...and we're not here to put up with your crap either. We are what we are, and this site is what it is. If you can't deal with that, or at least understand it, then hit the bricks. No one will notice, or even care, that you were ever here.

Ok so let me get this correct. A high schooler with no experience in the "real world" working environment joined this group because he believes you guys are some what to be looked up to and will have knowledge/answers that could be passed off. Again let me repeat High school. So if there is such high standards on who is admitted to this forum why is he on here or continued to be allowed? I quote "On this forum we PREFER for our members to utilize proper grammar when POSSIBLE". Let's say because he is in High School and speaking from personal experience, his school has failed him/ lack of personal education like the average teen/intellectual level is not super high/grammar language skills aren't on a high and he can't use it when "POSSIBLE". Maybe English isn't his first language, though it is important to master the language to even apply for these kind of positions, he is showing interest in working for and serving the US government. You are all agreeing that responding to his inquiry it is best to say things such as, and I quote "So you went from being an unintelligible high schooler to an unintelligible college pre freshman" another quote "Go apply yourself in college and live your life a little without being anymore stupid than you already seem". Proper grammar does foster a professional feel, I agree 100%. But those comments above foster professionalism to you?
"Snarky" post because I called out people, that for no other reason than just to be cruel made those comments.
I've been trained on situational awareness plenty of times and I know how to interact and communicate with many people of different backgrounds. Just how I know and have been trained not to get into an ego trip with your kind, because according to you all everybody is a dumbass. I also know how to speak to a young man trying to do something professional with his life, asking men that he obviously looks up to (because why else would a high school kid be on this) for some info, and the result is he gets shitted on.
Sorry if my white horse showed a bit to much compassion for the young man and my instinct was to defend the kid. But I see stroking each other on behaving like assholes is the way to go.
I love the guys who trained me, the ones I work with and also the ones I have personal relationships , but trust me I think I could possibly get over being rejected from this site.

Theres ways of being direct even if it will hurt someone's feelings without being intentionally mean. If that's to human for you all because being a brute is more respectful, kick me off on this then.

Ok so let me get this correct. A high schooler with no experience in the "real world" working environment joined this group because he believes you guys are some what to be looked up to and will have knowledge/answers that could be passed off. Again let me repeat High school. So if there is such high standards on who is admitted to this forum why is he on here or continued to be allowed? I quote "On this forum we PREFER for our members to utilize proper grammar when POSSIBLE". Let's say because he is in High School and speaking from personal experience, his school has failed him/ lack of personal education like the average teen/intellectual level is not super high/grammar language skills aren't on a high and he can't use it when "POSSIBLE". Maybe English isn't his first language, though it is important to master the language to even apply for these kind of positions, he is showing interest in working for and serving the US government. You are all agreeing that responding to his inquiry it is best to say things such as, and I quote "So you went from being an unintelligible high schooler to an unintelligible college pre freshman" another quote "Go apply yourself in college and live your life a little without being anymore stupid than you already seem". Proper grammar does foster a professional feel, I agree 100%. But those comments above foster professionalism to you?
"Snarky" post because I called out people, that for no other reason than just to be cruel made those comments.
I've been trained on situational awareness plenty of times and I know how to interact and communicate with many people of different backgrounds. Just how I know and have been trained not to get into an ego trip with your kind, because according to you all everybody is a dumbass. I also know how to speak to a young man trying to do something professional with his life, asking men that he obviously looks up to (because why else would a high school kid be on this) for some info, and the result is he gets shitted on.
Sorry if my white horse showed a bit too much compassion for the young man and my instinct was to defend the kid. But I see stroking each other on behaving like assholes is the way to go.
I love the guys who trained me, the ones I work with and also the ones I have personal relationships , but trust me I think I could possibly get over being rejected from this site.

There's ways of being direct even if it will hurt someone's feelings without being intentionally mean. If that's too human for you all because being a brute is more respectful, kick me off on this then.

I fixed a couple of things for ya, we all make mistakes.

If you don't mind my asking, why are you here?

I fixed a couple of things for ya, we all make mistakes.

If you don't mind my asking, why are you here?
Was shown a few discussions from a SF 18D that I work with and they are interesting. I'm more of a observer and I absorb information.

@Carla, who fucking appointed you to come tell us how things should be done here? If you have information to share, share it and STFU. You just ran your mouth to some of the most respected members on here. Regardless who may have agreed or disagreed with you, you just made a shitload of people view you as a shitbird. Great situational awareness clown shoe, and welcome to the ignore list...

Was shown a few discussions from a SF 18D that I work with and they are interesting. I'm more of a observer and I absorb information.

I see....

Don't ya think you came on a bit too strong up above?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back