Looking for some guidance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyRider

Unverified
I heard a rumor that there are no Pararescue slots for FY2014. Is this true?

I am trying to determine if this is the reason why I have had several recruiters stop contacting me. I had originally been working through an AD recruiter but after about 6 months he informed me that he would not be able to get me to BMT with a Pararescue contract before I turned 28. I was put in touch with a recruiter at the 123rd STS and was scheduled to take the PAST in mid December. I had a slight shoulder strain and the recruiter told me to skip the PAST and that they would be doing another one in about a month and a half. I got healed up and ready, but could not get in contact with the recruiter. After 2 months he sent me a text saying he had been on medial leave for 2 months and gave me the number of the other recruiter. After several voice mails the other recruiter left me a message while I was at work, and I called him back several times and never heard back from him. I went through the same thing with the 106th in NY. Got in touch with a recruiter, sent in paperwork and talked a few times and then never heard from her again.

I am not sure what to do at this point? I really want to serve my country and I know that I am on the older side when it comes to joining, but is there just no way to join to be a Pararescueman?

I heard a rumor that there are no Pararescue slots for FY2014. Is this true?

I am trying to determine if this is the reason why I have had several recruiters stop contacting me. I had originally been working through an AD recruiter but after about 6 months he informed me that he would not be able to get me to BMT with a Pararescue contract before I turned 28. I was put in touch with a recruiter at the 123rd STS and was scheduled to take the PAST in mid December. I had a slight shoulder strain and the recruiter told me to skip the PAST and that they would be doing another one in about a month and a half. I got healed up and ready, but could not get in contact with the recruiter. After 2 months he sent me a text saying he had been on medial leave for 2 months and gave me the number of the other recruiter. After several voice mails the other recruiter left me a message while I was at work, and I called him back several times and never heard back from him. I went through the same thing with the 106th in NY. Got in touch with a recruiter, sent in paperwork and talked a few times and then never heard from her again.

I am not sure what to do at this point? I really want to serve my country and I know that I am on the older side when it comes to joining, but is there just no way to join to be a Pararescueman?
Come on man.

These types of questions are answered over and over again. Specialtactics.com, the mentor sub forum, etc.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back