Murdered Baltimore homicide detective was due to testify against fellow officers indicted for drug-dealing

We knew it was suicide within the first week. Davis didn’t want to admit it because the civil rights violation of holding the neighborhood in lockdown was already spurring interest by the media. Plus, it didn’t help that it was his co-workers in homicide handling the case, and they didn’t want to screw his wife out of her benefits. He wasn’t going to testify out of his own good will, he was being subpoena’d in reference to allegations made against him by other members of GTTF. The level of cover up and corruption in this place at the command level is astonishing.

We knew it was suicide within the first week. Davis didn’t want to admit it because the civil rights violation of holding the neighborhood in lockdown was already spurring interest by the media. Plus, it didn’t help that it was his co-workers in homicide handling the case, and they didn’t want to screw his wife out of her benefits. He wasn’t going to testify out of his own good will, he was being subpoena’d in reference to allegations made against him by other members of GTTF. The level of cover up and corruption in this place at the command level is astonishing.

You nailed it..many of my co workers and I had the exact thoughts as well...Ive worked this city for many years...and the corruption is rampant. City council, Mayor's office, Police department, with trickle down effect have all been investigated at one time or another. But I'm proud to say I've worked with many fine Baltimore Police officers. Lost a cousin on the job...as honest and brave as they come. $.02

You nailed it..many of my co workers and I had the exact thoughts as well...Ive worked this city for many years...and the corruption is rampant. City council, Mayor's office, Police department, with trickle down effect have all been investigated at one time or another. But I'm proud to say I've worked with many fine Baltimore Police officers. Lost a cousin on the job...as honest and brave as they come. $.02
Yup, the working officers really bear the brunt of the Agency’s bullshit. I loved the guys I worked with, we were basically in a war zone together. All of the departments issues stem from poor leadership which they never seem to get out from under.

Back