Shooter deceased after rampage in rural Nova Scotia

There’s some serious question's that the RCMP will have to answer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...hot-at-person-who-wasn-t-n-s-gunman-1.5559321
Have you noticed any public backlash against the RCMP or their political leadership? Like, are Canadians more willing to be disarmed in the face of shoddy liberal policing or are they starting to turn away from big brother govt?

Cause stuff like the article you posted might serve to galvanize Canadians against the liberal ideology of disarmament. The more people realize they are on their own, the faster idiots like Trudeau and Obama have their wings cut out for under them.

Have you noticed any public backlash against the RCMP or their political leadership? Like, are Canadians more willing to be disarmed in the face of shoddy liberal policing or are they starting to turn away from big brother govt?

Cause stuff like the article you posted might serve to galvanize Canadians against the liberal ideology of disarmament. The more people realize they are on their own, the faster idiots like Trudeau and Obama have their wings cut out for under them.

There's already been a lot of distrust in the RCMP in recent year's, not necessarily the beat cops but definitely it's leadership. Locally in Nova Scotia, I've heard some distrust due to their complete fuck up of this horrendous case. The Liberal's push for firearms bans on the graves has done more I think. It's a prominently Liberal area and there's talk of gains with the Conservatives. The RCMP have done some shifty stuff with firearms classification and last year Trudeau gave them complete autonomy over firearms. So they can essentially make the law and enforce it. Now the recent ban is adding fuel to the fire. Honestly in national news, this tragedy is getting to be the back burner.

The RCMP have done some shifty stuff with firearms classification and last year Trudeau gave them complete autonomy over firearms. So they can essentially make the law and enforce it.
That is straight up horrific. Like dude... what the flippity flip flop, that's straight up mental. O_o

If Canadian gun owners are at the mercy of political hacks, who can bend over the RCMP at their whim, I think bonfires and pitchforks are about to be in short supply. That said, I don't think were to far off from you guys.

That is straight up horrific. Like dude... what the flippity flip flop, that's straight up mental. O_o

If Canadian gun owners are at the mercy of political hacks, who can bend over the RCMP at their whim, I think bonfires and pitchforks are about to be in short supply. That said, I don't think were to far off from you guys.

The Left have gone full crazy. Here's a perfect example of their BS ban and how it's written. This single shot shotgun is now banned according to the language and technical directions of the ban.

Do these guys (policy makers) even realize criminals both improvise and give no fucks either way...

And the only people they're impacting are the law abiding decent folk, now more powerless to defend themselves, their families, communities, and country?

Almost rhetorical, because this shit is so old and flawed logic and circular we could all play bingo on it and get $ winning.

Do these guys (policy makers) even realize criminals both improvise and give no fucks either way...

And the only people they're impacting are the law abiding decent folk, now more powerless to defend themselves, their families, communities, and country?

Almost rhetorical, because this shit is so old and flawed logic and circular we could all play bingo on it and get $ winning.

They don't give a shit. They just want to disarm us all. Last year they put through a bill that gave them the powers to do this ban. Then they did one reducing the threshold for bail and reduced sentences, even for violent crimes. Instead of funding the courts or creating more detention spaces.

I live in Canada also but I don’t really care which particular firearms are prohibited. Guns are just a toy here. You can take them to the range or shoot a deer. They’re not self defense weapons like in the US. You can’t carry them in the street.

I live in Canada also but I don’t really care which particular firearms are prohibited. Guns are just a toy here. You can take them to the range or shoot a deer. They’re not self defense weapons like in the US. You can’t carry them in the street.

Do you care about Canadian job's that are being lost? I know of one Veteran owned range and training centre out of business due to this, already. Or do you care about the government using a tragedy before the dead are even buried to ram through this without making sure of what they actually put on the list?

...sigh....

Hate cause....

Your posted attitude towards guns reminds me of the 'hunters' in the US who claim that "we" don't need AR Sporting rifles for hunting and that standing firm on "no concessions" make hunters look bad. Such an ignorant take on the part of Americans.

What they refuse to understand is that if you give 'one thing' , that is the foothold the anti-gunners need to begin on the next 'one thing'. Suddenly we've given in on certain background checks, red flag laws, magazine restricts, semi-auto, handguns....etc etc....and years from now we are in the same situation Canada is in. A man cannot carry a gun (or even have them in their homes?) to protect themselves from the criminals who do carry them.

The anti's may gain a foothold at some point, but they will have to keep working at it for a long time....I'm not volunteering one single right.

It is inconceivable to me that with the swipe of a pen, your politicians can do such significant damage to your ability to defend yourself from both two and four legged creatures. It is more inconceivable to me that any Canadian man can have such an "oh well" attitude about it, too.

Two different countries, two different ways of thinking, but I just don't get it.

It's a very sensitive and personal topic to me; so if I misread or misunderstood your stance, please expand.

@Ooh-Rah hit on the head for me. Give the anti-gun groups an inch, they'll take two feet before we know what happened.

I'm for reasonable laws, but unfortunately reasonable has become synonymous with prohibition.

Red Flag laws scare me the most as someone with a TBI.

...sigh....

Hate cause....

Your posted attitude towards guns reminds me of the 'hunters' in the US who claim that "we" don't need AR Sporting rifles for hunting and that standing firm on "no concessions" make hunters look bad. Such an ignorant take on the part of Americans.

What they refuse to understand is that if you give 'one thing' , that is the foothold the anti-gunners need to begin on the next 'one thing'. Suddenly we've given in on certain background checks, red flag laws, magazine restricts, semi-auto, handguns....etc etc....and years from now we are in the same situation Canada is in. A man cannot carry a gun (or even have them in their homes?) to protect themselves from the criminals who do carry them.

The anti's may gain a foothold at some point, but they will have to keep working at it for a long time....I'm not volunteering one single right.

It is inconceivable to me that with the swipe of a pen, your politicians can do such significant damage to your ability to defend yourself from both two and four legged creatures. It is more inconceivable to me that any Canadian man can have such an "oh well" attitude about it, too.

Two different countries, two different ways of thinking, but I just don't get it.

It's a very sensitive and personal topic to me; so if I misread or misunderstood your stance, please expand.
I’m a big fan of the second amendment but the reality is that in Canada we don’t have a second amendment, so guns are just a toy that you take to the range. They’re like an F1 car that you have to trailer to the track rather than a Toyota Corolla you can use every day.

so, it isn’t really a big deal when the prohibited list changes - you can’t do anything with the gun you own anyway.

I’m a big fan of the second amendment but the reality is that in Canada we don’t have a second amendment, so guns are just a toy that you take to the range. They’re like an F1 car that you have to trailer to the track rather than a Toyota Corolla you can use every day.

so, it isn’t really a big deal when the prohibited list changes - you can’t do anything with the gun you own anyway.
Well I cannot grasp that idea, I appreciate the response. It helps me understand better where you’re coming from.

Well I cannot grasp that idea, I appreciate the response. It helps me understand better where you’re coming from.
I can understand why an American would get pissed that politicians could arbitrarily restrict certain types of rifles, because that would potentially violate the 2A.

but in Canada, we haven’t had the right to bear arms for a long time. You apply for a license and if your application checks out two months later you might get permission to buy a handgun that you must keep under lock and key and can only shoot at a range. And the authorities know where it is at all times and if you violate any of the regulations you have committed a felony.

there’s a huge list of prohibited weapons in the Criminal Code of Canada. It changes frequently and includes all kinds of things like ninja throwing stars, brass knuckles and pepper spray.

so the government prohibiting “assault style rifles” is like the government changing the speed limit from 120 to 110. You could never drive fast anyway. Maybe that is a dumb analogy, but my take is that this isn’t a sea change in policy, it’s just a tweak of an already broad and restrictive policy.

And you're okay with it?
I’m an immigrant so I don’t really know any different. Looking at Wikipedia, Canada required licenses for guns in 1977 and Canadians have never had a constitutional or charter right to own them.

what percentage of Canadians would support adding a right to bear arms to the charter, I wonder? That would be an interesting poll.

@PDL Apologies if this sounds harsh, but you and a lot of other Canadians are on the edge of what it means to be a citizen or subject. I mean dude... you guys literally have compelled speech laws. After the aristocrats in Quebec get their way what else are they going to take? What else can you give them?

As a citizen, how are you going to dissent to tyranny when you're speech and arms are deemed unlawful? Heck, how are going to care for you and your own? It wasn't a few months ago that Quebec let a bunch of commies shut down the railways and supply networks. Can you trust a govt like that to protect your interests?

I get being an immigrant, but sitting back and letting tyrants win will turn Canada into the country you left. If you guys roll over you're leaving yourselves open to being brutalized.

Last edited:
I’m an immigrant so I don’t really know any different. Looking at Wikipedia, Canada required licenses for guns in 1977 and Canadians have never had a constitutional or charter right to own them.

what percentage of Canadians would support adding a right to bear arms to the charter, I wonder? That would be an interesting poll.

I'll reply to this more, when I have more time. But we do have the right to self defence in your home, as long as it's proportional. You can't put self defense as the reason on your application, it will be denied BUT once you own it, if there's an armed home invasion. You can legally respond proportionally.

Back