Space Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. Whatever they bring to the table, these guys are a bunch of children playing grown-up.

Here Are The Names Space Force Rejected In Favor Of Calling Its New Units "Deltas"

Just last week, the Space Force took another step forward in this regard when it offered the first concrete details about its new core organizational structure, which will have three main echelons of commands. At the top will be various field commands run by general officers, starting with Space Operations Command (SpOC), Space Systems Command (SSC), and Space Training and Readiness Command (STARCOM). At the lower level, there will be squadrons, just like in the Air Force. In between, in place of what the Air Force would call wings, Space Force will have newly named "deltas." However, that wasn't the only name the service considered.

Yep, the first one is pronounced "spock" like the guy from Star Trek. STARCOM? How daring.... "Deltas?" In a world where everyon is a warrior or operator, now we have Deltas.

But wait, there's more!

I love the original looking logos! Great job, folks! Much impressed! Too cool!

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1594245213988-logos.jpg

The short list of propsed names is also hilarious.

Space Force had a chance to start out with a unique identity. Instead it became a Trekkie's wet dream.

"Hey, how can we one up these Cyber turds?"
"Copy from others people?"
"Brilliant!"

Space Force had a chance to start out with a unique identity. Instead it became a Trekkie's wet dream.
You... You realize that ST is the inspiration for generations of top thinkers, scientists, warriors, and general folk? lol I guess you can think of it as copying, I see it more as a nod to inspiration growing up. For a lot of people, ST was more than just space poon and phasers. Just another take on it. :thumbsup:

I'm missing a point here. Star Trek imitated the use of the delta symbol from the Air Force. The starfleet command logo you have there wasn't even introduced until the 90s.

Funny joke I suppose, but painfully misinformed. Kind of like when the left tries to meme

The more I think about it, the more I'm onboard with a Space Force. Seriously.

The names and logos and...swag? Get the absolute fuck out of here. Go! Go on now! Git! Nerd fanboi clownshoes cloaking (see what I did there?) a mission that I think has more and more relevance.

This cool guy/ alpha nerd shit they are doing...children.

The more I think about it, the more I'm onboard with a Space Force. Seriously.

The names and logos and...swag? Get the absolute fuck out of here. Go! Go on now! Git! Nerd fanboi clownshoes cloaking (see what I did there?) a mission that I think has more and more relevance.

This cool guy/ alpha nerd shit they are doing...children.
My understanding (per The War Zone) is the UK is also standing a Space Force up.

I mean they were fucked for names really. Everything is going to sound dumb and over the top.

It's not as bad as Australian Border Force though which sounds like the pilot to a 0200 on a Tuesday morning filler action show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back