Syria Thread

False flags are not conspiracy theories but military strategies.@Florida173

A false flag is a covert operation designed to deceive; the deception creates the appearance of a particular party, group, or nation being responsible for some activity, disguising the actual source of responsibility. @Florida173
False flag - Wikipedia

I think MAYBE the Syria Chemical Attack in Douma that we responded to was POSSIBLY a false flag. A military strategy to further our presence in the ME(@Ocoka ) as described.

I will leave conspiracists like Jesse Ventura or his ilk to develop “conspiracy theories”.

Last edited:
Alrighty. So, the thread is about Syria. There is plenty of info out there, and we all have access to the same information. Draw whatever conclusions you'd like, but remember- when you voice those conclusions in an open forum, they're open to critique and examination. Just because someone calls bullshit on your position, it's not an "attack".

Conversely, throwing the bullshit flag at everything isn't the best way to foster honest and open discussion, either.

Either way, keep it moving, stay on topic, don't take things personally, even if you're personally vested in the topic.

And of course, have a GREAT day.

I think MAYBE the Syria Chemical Attack in Douma that we responded to was POSSIBLY a false flag. A military strategy to further our presence in the ME(@Ocoka ) as described.

@DC, you may have misunderstood my post. I don't believe the reason the US is supporting claims of a Syrian chemical attack is any "strategy" by us "to further our presence in the ME." First of all, we're going to be in the ME for any number of reasons for years to come...as we have for the past 70 years. We have a million reasons to be in the ME; we don't have to invent one.

To clarify, I believe the evidence and the intel was compelling enough to convince the US, UK, France and Germany that the Syrian regime had in fact used chemical weapons in an attack on civilians; prompting a stand-off retaliatory attack by three of those nations after ample warning.

Why are we specifically involved in the Syrian situation? We have to maintain some kind of foothold if we are to have any influence on the outcome of events...as well as to counter Russian and Iranian strategic moves, as I opined in an earlier post. Syrian chemical attacks have little to do with the reasons why we are there. Again, just my take.

@Ocoka I understood what you were saying. I know the whys but want to understand the nows. You clarified my questioning of the background of now. I don’t believe it was a strategy by us either. I believe it was a strategy by others to get us to respond. I question if the Assad regime did it. I think Iran and thier ilk actually did it to get us to respond and possibly garner more support from let’s face it our old enemy russia.👍🏽

False flags are not conspiracy theories but military strategies.@Florida173

A false flag is a covert operation designed to deceive; the deception creates the appearance of a particular party, group, or nation being responsible for some activity, disguising the actual source of responsibility. @Florida173
False flag - Wikipedia

I will leave conspiracists like Jesse Ventura or his ilk to develop “conspiracy theories”.

Dude.. It's a conspiracy theory to think that it was a false flag to further our presence. The fact that you don't know what our presence is makes me think you're not really involved professionally with anything related to Syria.

Also. There's precedence with the chemical attack from last year. The proof was with the samples collected from the bodies.

Last edited:
It's my experience that professional involvement in something isn't necessarily conducive to understanding or knowledge.

Iran already has major arms and energy trading with China. What support would they want from Russia? They've got a pretty shitty relationship anyway iirc.

Iran already has major arms and energy trading with China. What support would they want from Russia? They've got a pretty shitty relationship anyway iirc.

They want Russia to make sure that Assad stays in power so their Shi’a crescent to the Med and their threat to Israel’s northern border remain intact.

They want Russia to make sure that Assad stays in power so their Shi’a crescent to the Med and their threat to Israel’s northern border remain intact.

For sure but things are already on track for an eventual Assad victory so...why would Iran or proxies make such an attack? It would seem counter productive to me.

This is a very good article on the reason Assad would continue to attack his own people. Herding those who oppose a regime into a concentrated area and then laying waste to it is unfortunately used more than anyone can prove. FWIW, I have no doubt this happened and that Assad is responsible.
Dr. Monzer Khalil, Idlib Province’s health director, said such extreme tactics aimed to demonstrate the government’s impunity and to demoralize its foes. “It makes us feel that we are defeated,” said Dr. Khalil, whose gums bled after he was exposed to scores of chemical victims on Tuesday...
Dr. Khalil, 35, fled his job at a state-run hospital in 2011. The Syrian uprising was in its early days, with largely peaceful protests that faced crackdowns from security forces. He said he was threatened with arrest for treating wounded protesters...
Chlorine attacks continued — investigators from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and the United Nations concluded the government had carried out at least three in 2014 and 2015 — with little international reaction.
Syria-Assad Sarin Attack.html

@Ocoka... I believe it was a strategy by others to get us to respond. I question if the Assad regime did it. I think Iran and thier ilk actually did it to get us to respond and possibly garner more support from let’s face it our old enemy russia.👍🏽

Respectfully brother, I think that's pretty far fetched. Why in the world would Iran or its proxies unleash a chemical attack in Syria? Assad has got the stockpiles of sarin and chlorine and he's been using them against rebel groups for the past five years. Iran is looking as always for strategic dividends from this, but it has no need to launch WMDs in Assad's backyard when he's more than willing to do it himself.

Putting this here because all speculation points to Syria.

Pleased to see that our military is become more tight lipped about its AO.

Marine awarded Purple Heart for combat in an undisclosed war zone

A Marine was awarded a Purple Heart on July 27 for wounds sustained during combat operations in an undisclosed country.

Lance Cpl. Dillon Bennett, a machine gunner with 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, was awarded the Purple Heart at a ceremony at Twentynine Palms, California, for wounds he sustained during combat operations on July 9, according to a posting from the Defense Department’s imagery distribution site, DVIDS

^Awesome for a conventional unit!

I'm reading that shit might go down in Idlib soon. An article on CNN had Gen. Mattis saying this:
"I never talk about what would come next," Mattis said. "But I think that you do have to look at the fact that we will abide by the chemical weapons prohibition and support it."
When asked what the US has done to prevent their use,
Mattis referred to US, UK and French strikes on Syria after a chemical weapons attack in April. Assad "has been warned," Mattis said. "The first time around he lost 17% of his pointy-nosed air force airplanes. He's been warned. And so we'll see if he's wised up."

Too funny.

I haven't been paying a lot of attention lately, but Idlib is the last uncontrolled area in Syria, about to get taken back with help from Russia and Iran. What's going to happen afterwards? Are we just looking for a reason to get involved?

0331 from 3/7. Yeah, good OPSEC policy not releasing location...although if you're half-assed on the ball about current affairs, the military and open-source dope you can kind of figure it out.

I hope this young pig handler had a chance to feed the pig some nice ISIS meat before he got dinged.

Army and Marine artillery/ HIMARS has snapped a lot of necks and cashed a lot of checks over the last few years.

Back