♬ Chicago, Chicago, my kinda town...♫

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
At least 14 people were killed and 38 others have been wounded in shootings across Chicago since Friday evening

17 Dead, 41 Wounded in Halloween Weekend Shootings

Think about that, 14 people killed and 38 wounded ...OVER THE WEEKEND...in one freeking city.

The weekend’s latest homicide happened shortly after 4 a.m. Monday in the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side. A 28-year-old man was found with gunshot wounds to the chest and head on the kitchen floor of a second-floor apartment in the 1100 block of West Garfield, according to Chicago Police. He was pronounced dead at the scene. The Cook County medical examiner’s office did not immediately provide information on fatality. Area South detectives are conducting a homicide investigation

About 3:15 a.m. Sunday, twin 17-year-old brothers were killed in a drive-by shooting in the Old Town neighborhood on the Near North Side. Edwin and Edward Bryant were standing outside in the 1300 block of North Hudson when a dark-colored vehicle drove by and someone inside opened fire, authorities said. Edwin was shot in the chest and back, while Edward suffered gunshot wounds to the chest and head.

It just keeps going and going and going...

And now we know why yours truly and the family got out of there while the getting was good.

Aaaand now we might suspect how likely it was that yours truly may not have observed the gun free policy while within my own home.

Last edited:
<----not a Chicogoan (or whatever you people are called). Are the majority of the shooting confined to specific geographic areas? In my fair city of 275,000, we have a lot of shootings given our size, but 98% of non-accidental shootings are in the same 20-block radius. Even in that radius, if you know where to stay away from on a given night it's not that bad.

<----not a Chicogoan (or whatever you people are called). Are the majority of the shooting confined to specific geographic areas? In my fair city of 275,000, we have a lot of shootings given our size, but 98% of non-accidental shootings are in the same 20-block radius. Even in that radius, if you know where to stay away from on a given night it's not that bad.

The south has the Shootings Spread Across Square Mileage category locked, but the far west currently has the Pretty Much No Neighborhood is Reasonably Safe title.

Where shootings occur in Chicago

Thanks @DocIllinois was just linking the same post. That shooting occurred less than a block from my home and is part of the reason why I am for always carrying in the city when possible.

Old Town would not be considered a "normally dangerous" area, but everyone in our neighborhood stays away from Huron outside of daylight hours and the cops in the area tell residents to avoid it if possible as it is a higher risk area.

Thanks @DocIllinois was just linking the same post. That shooting occurred less than a block from my home and is part of the reason why I am always carrying in the city. My wife is wanting to get her license as well now.

Old Town would not be considered a "normally dangerous" area, but everyone in our neighborhood stays away from Huron outside of daylight hours and the cops in the area tell residents to avoid it if possible as it is a higher risk area.

I started practicing in Old Town. The shootings seemed under control at a point but then a group started wandering the neighborhood at night administering brutal beat downs indiscriminately. College students, 80 year old ladies - whomever, didn't matter.

Its more about criminals in Chicago simply administering violence for various sorry reasons, IMO. Guns are just the fastest and often least proximal way to do it.

No comment. OK. I will. In regards to B.L.M. since we haven't heard from these fucks for a few weeks. Where are they at, because in all reality, given the areas the shootings are in, it seems to be black on black crime. Where are those fuck faces, B.L.M. When a cop shoots some dick head for pulling a gun, they bitch and ache but all of this shit happens, no peep. What ever.

M.

In other news, one of the janitors who worked in the building where I used to practice in Chicago was shot through the head yesterday by two gang members as he was speaking with his little kids and girlfriend beside the car they were in. The shooters continued firing after he went down then fled, apparently. He wasn't, and never has been, in a gang.

Gun violence is decreasing a little in the city, but that's says nothing seeing as how the past has been disastrous, IMO.

Didn't I just read somewhere that the Feds have been called in to assist with crime there?

Welcome to town, boys!

Stolen FBI vehicle containing several firearms found on Near West Side

An FBI SUV containing several firearms and tactical gear was found Monday evening, hours after it was stolen on the Near West Side, authorities said.

The 2014 Chevrolet Equinox was found at 7:21 p.m. in the 900 block S. Leavitt, about two blocks away from the FBI offices, according to Chicago Police.

About 12:10 a.m., a 32-year-old FBI agent left the SUV “momentarily unattended with the engine running” at a service station in the 300 block of South Morgan, according to police and FBI spokesman John Althen.

A male suspect jumped in the vehicle and sped away, police said. No injuries were reported.

Firearms and tactical gear, including a ballistic vest, were inside the vehicle, Althen said. He would not say precisely how many weapons, or what type of weapons.

Extremely poor decision making and lack of SA. I don't even leave my non-loaded out car running outside of anywhere, for any amount of time. A car full of weapons and kit, in a town that has a massive crime problem, which is the whole reason your Federal ass was called in in the first place, and you think "Well, I'll just be a minute. Should be ok."? WTF man.

Back