♬ Chicago, Chicago, my kinda town...♫

What a fucking shithole town

Chicago police express frustration after more than 100 shot in violent Fourth of July weekend

The Chicago Police Department says it is conducting "a very comprehensive review" after the city experienced one of its most violent Fourth of July weekends in recent years, with at least 101 people shot between late Friday afternoon and early Wednesday.

"We're doing a debriefing," said chief police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. "The mood here is frustration."

The review will include an analysis of how "amateur fireworks" might have affected the ShotSpotter system, which captures audio of gunfire and attempts to pinpoint its location for quicker deployment of officers. The system is deployed in the Englewood and Harrison districts, traditionally among the city's most violent.

"It's perplexing," Guglielmi said. "We deployed some very successful tactics over the Memorial Day weekend." Yet those same tactics did not seem to work as well over the Fourth holiday.

Being a cop in Chicago has to be one of the most stressful jobs out there. Especially these days.

they might have more/better cops if mayors and Police Chiefs hadn't been willing to throw cops under the bus to satisfy the SJW crowd.

The causes are many, as with any major city area that's ever seen a significant increase in violence. The solution will have to be comprehensive.

Taking the LAPD's advice to begin hot spot policing by district has been a good idea, IMHO, though this will require sharp and dedicated district command staffs.

Didn't I just read somewhere that the Feds have been called in to assist with crime there?

Welcome to town, boys!

Stolen FBI vehicle containing several firearms found on Near West Side

An FBI SUV containing several firearms and tactical gear was found Monday evening, hours after it was stolen on the Near West Side, authorities said.

The 2014 Chevrolet Equinox was found at 7:21 p.m. in the 900 block S. Leavitt, about two blocks away from the FBI offices, according to Chicago Police.

About 12:10 a.m., a 32-year-old FBI agent left the SUV “momentarily unattended with the engine running” at a service station in the 300 block of South Morgan, according to police and FBI spokesman John Althen.

A male suspect jumped in the vehicle and sped away, police said. No injuries were reported.

Firearms and tactical gear, including a ballistic vest, were inside the vehicle, Althen said. He would not say precisely how many weapons, or what type of weapons.

I'm surprised this strategy of protecting the SUV didn't work ...

FBI agent to thief driving off in his SUV: 'You don't want to do this'

When an FBI agent realized a teenager had snuck behind the wheel of the SUV the agent had left running at a West Side gas station early Monday morning, he tried to let the boy know he picked the wrong car to steal.

“I’m the police! I’m the police!” the agent said. “You don’t want to do this.”

I'm surprised this strategy of protecting the SUV didn't work ...

FBI agent to thief driving off in his SUV: 'You don't want to do this'

When an FBI agent realized a teenager had snuck behind the wheel of the SUV the agent had left running at a West Side gas station early Monday morning, he tried to let the boy know he picked the wrong car to steal.

“I’m the police! I’m the police!” the agent said. “You don’t want to do this.”

P.S. to FBI agent -

The boy didn't care about your opinion, no matter who you were.

That's part of the problem, hoss. :wall:

Sincerely - Anyone who's lived in Chicago.

If anything, you gave the kid a badge of honor by letting him know it was a LEO vehicle.

thank god for OTR rekey... :thumbsup:

...on another note, wife and I going to Chicago in October for a few days...guess I'll bring two spare mags.....

Last edited:
thank god for OTR rekey... :thumbsup:

...on another note, wife and I going to Chicago in October for a few days...guess I'll bring two spare mags.....

Hit me up to cover your six if you're braving the south or west sides. Seriously.

Thanks Doc, we are staying in the downtown area and not gonna venture out into the badlands :D

If you two are looking to do anything that you are having an issue with or want to check if there is a hookup, PM me and I will see what I can do.

At least the town is serving a purpose now....

Navy Medics Get Prepared for Combat—With Tour of Duty in Chicago

CHICAGO— Konrad Poplawski, a 22-year old Navy hospital corpsman, is about to be deployed as a battlefield medic with the 2nd Marine Division, which has served in deadly battlegrounds in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But first, he is making a pit stop at Cook County’s Stroger Hospital, which the Navy says is among few places here in the U.S. that provide experience treating the types of wounds he will inevitably see on the battlefield.

For so long “the first time a corpsman got any trauma experience was when they were deployed, and some would just freeze up,” said Captain Paul Roach, a U.S. Navy surgeon at the Lovell Federal Health Care Center north of Chicago. “We don’t want that to happen anymore,” said Capt. Roach, who heads the program in the Great Lakes region.

The Navy is working to formalize a pilot program that has been tested here for three years, rotating newly enlisted hospital corpsmen—the combat medics for the Navy and Marines—and those needing a refresher while they are back home, for six to eight weeks through Stroger Hospital’s trauma center. The 14-bed unit treats over 6,000 trauma patients yearly, many of them with penetrating, life-threatening wounds akin to those on the battlefield.

Though Chicago is experiencing a sustained drop in murders since a dramatic spike in 2016, it remains a city where a high number of gunshot victims cycle through the trauma center night after night.

About 30% of patients at Stroger Hospital, on Chicago’s near West Side, are admitted to the trauma ward with wounds from firearms, compared with a national average of 4.2% for level 1 trauma centers—hospitals certified to have the resources to handle multiple victims with penetrating and other serious wounds—according to the National Trauma Data Bank.

“The experience here can’t be replicated elsewhere, unless you have a major land invasion,” said Dr. Faran Bokhari, who chairs the trauma & burn surgery unit at the hospital.

In many front-line Marine units, immediate medical care for gunshots, explosions or shrapnel comes from these corpsmen who mostly are young, new to the service and new to seeing up close the wounds they train to treat. The Navy medics, known as hospital corpsmen, typically receive 14 weeks of training in first aid and patient care in Fort Sam Houston in Texas after initial boot camp, and then have the option for additional training. @Muppet

Thumbs down because of how sad it is that a major American city is being compared to the front lines of a war-zone.

Thumbs down because of how sad it is that a major American city is being compared to the front lines of a war-zone.

Or that even with the "sustained drop in murders" the numbers of wounded or killed with guns are still stunningly high.

Back