0321 Reserve Contract, should I begin to speak with a recruiter?

ProdigalPinata

Unverified
Hi all,

First thank you for taking time out of your day to read this and give me some insight.

I am currently 21 and my wife is currently active duty Navy. We have talked about the idea of me going in the Marine Reserves in hopes of being a Recon Marine and she’s all for it.

I just had a few questions I hope you all would answer.

I am no where near ready to ship, (1st Class PR score and all). Should I begin the process of talking with a recruiter or hold off until I’m am physically ready. This is what I want, I know how they can be and how they try and sway your opinion.

I am under the interpretation that you need to have an interview with said Reserve unit before you can recieve your contract.

I know I’ll fail the colorblind dot test, but pass the other two. So I’m good there. Though I can’t distinguish the circles on the depth perception test. Is that a requirement, I can’t seem to find that answer anywhere.

I am just looking for a sort of guide here to this whole process and would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks once again.

You have time to get ready. Talk to a recruiter now. Your reserve unit should help you get ready after boot camp.

I am going to a recruiter tomorrow to start the process!

Is it easy to grab an 0321? Given the physical and ASVAB go well. Like I said, I meet the standards, but not in shape yet.

Didn’t know if there’s a pre screening or they’ll help me regardless.

I am going to a recruiter tomorrow to start the process!

Is it easy to grab an 0321? Given the physical and ASVAB go well. Like I said, I meet the standards, but not in shape yet.

Didn’t know if there’s a pre screening or they’ll help me regardless.
I don’t think it’s hard to get a contract if you meet the requirements.

As long as you meet the ASVAB and physical requirements you're good to contract

Back