1st Female To Attempt RASP Fails

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
As the Army continues to integrate women into combat arms jobs, the 75th Ranger Regiment has seen its first female soldier attempt to join its ranks.

The staff sergeant attended the 75th Ranger Regiment’s Ranger Assessment and Selection Program 2 in June, officials said.

RASP 2 is designed for soldiers in the rank of staff sergeant and above and all officers volunteering for assignment to the elite regiment.

“The female soldier did not meet performance objectives required for assignment to the 75th Ranger Regiment,” said Lt. Col. Robert Bockholt, a spokesman for U.S. Army Special Operations Command. “The female soldier has been afforded the opportunity to reapply for RASP 2 beginning December 2016.”

Bockholt, who declined to provide the soldier’s name or military occupational specialty, said the NCO attended the RASP 2 course that began June 16. She has not attended or attempted the Army’s Ranger School at Fort Benning, Georgia, Bockholt said.

Link

Just wondering how many onlookers were there during the entire process? :hmm:

I would imagine those are very early events as RASP 2 is shorter.. (Which also means NCO/Os applying to Regiment need to be on their stuff) PT test and a 6 mile ruck are basic tasks. Obviously someone.. just wasn't. Doesn't set a good precedent for female Soldiers to follow her. :thumbsdown:

At least she tried, unlike 90+% of the army that "coulda, shoulda, woulda"....

"I was going to go to RASP/Ranger School except...." is as bad as "I was going to enlist but"... To me, you don't care enough about it, or you do and you get it done. (Barring extraneous circumstances)

The RSTC 1SG running the show is the real deal. Probably the best Ranger I've ever worked with.

The latest RASP Class started with 137 and spit 115 of them out. Leaving only 22 who graduated 1st week of September.

As open-minded as I try to be, I never expected to see female Rangers or Marine infantry. Well, good luck to her, I guess...

Back