35M's

I am a 35M, was a THT leader in a-stan 2006. Feel free to PM me if you still have questions.

Hey IntelGuy! I just submitted my eQip two weeks ago and I am waiting on an interim TS so my reserve unit can ship me off to 35M school... maybe we'll end up at Huachuka together :)

If someone on the non-active duty side has the option. Go to the Utah course. Other than all the locations working more as a factory to get people qualified as quick as possible than a real learning experience, you have to play the game regardless and learn the real job OJT. Either way, I choose Salt Lake City to do source ops opposed to sierra vista or some McDonalds on huachuca or whatever.. never been to arizona for military reasons, but have at it. I've heard more than enough stories of how much it sucked.

35M Arabic here... 16 years SIGINT (SOT-A) then moved to HUMINT in the past five years or so. Long term Intel guy here... with tons of crap behind my belt. Worked SOF as well as Conventional.

You may PM me as well. Don't wanna get too involved in the open. It's a great career field, tons of things to get into.

Having worked both Tactical SIGINT, as well as Tactical HUMINT, I totally enjoy HUMINT as far as the "job" goes. But, my time on the SOT-A teams really can't compare.

It all depends on where you go. It also all depends on your mindset, and your personality. HUMINT is a very personality driven field. You have to be very outgoing... or at least ACT like it if you are not.

Good luck!

If someone on the non-active duty side has the option. Go to the Utah course. Other than all the locations working more as a factory to get people qualified as quick as possible than a real learning experience, you have to play the game regardless and learn the real job OJT. Either way, I choose Salt Lake City to do source ops opposed to sierra vista or some McDonalds on huachuca or whatever.. never been to arizona for military reasons, but have at it. I've heard more than enough stories of how much it sucked.

Shouldn't you be studying for a DLPT or something?

:D

I got some Iraqi dialect familiarization CDs that I took from a language conference I crashed in Monterey... I'll get you a copy when I see you

Roger that... good on ya for that one. I'm working on something for us at the moment as well.

Give me a call later on, and I will fill you in.

Sorry for the Hijack guys / gals.

:D

Back