3rd SFG(A) soldiers killed in action

Ravage

running up that hill
http://news.soc.mil/releases/News Archive/2009/February/090222-01.html

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Feb. 22, 2009) — Two Army Special Forces Soldiers were killed Feb. 20 while conducting combat operations in the vicinity of Khordi, Oruzgan province, Afghanistan.

Staff Sgt. Jeremy E. Bessa, 26 and Master Sgt. David L. Hurt, 36, were killed when their vehicle struck an improvised explosive device while conducting a mounted combat reconnaissance patrol. Bessa died at the scene while Hurt succumbed to his wounds after being medically evacuated to Kandahar Airfield for treatment.

Both Soldiers are assigned to Company B, 1st Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), here. Hurt was a Special Forces operations sergeant and Bessa was a Special Forces communications sergeant.

Hurt, a native of Oak Park, Ill., is survived by his wife Kelly, daughter Avery and son Wyatt, all of Grays Creek, N.C.; mother Bonnie Hurt of Hope Mills, N.C. and father Joe Hurt of Memphis, Tenn.

Bessa, a native of Honolulu, Hawaii, is survived by his wife Lindsey and their son Carson, both of Fayetteville, N.C.; parents Ted and Julie Bessa of Whispering Pines, N.C.and brother Christopher L. Bessa, Fort Carson, Colo.
For further information, media should contact the Special Forces Command Public Affairs Office during duty hours at 910-432-4587 or after duty hours at 910-689-6187.

For Hurt's bio, click here.

For Bessa's bio, click here.

fbayaf.jpg

Master Sgt. David L. Hur

vfil5i.jpg

Staff Sgt. Jeremy E. Bessa

RIP THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR SERVICE....FROM WHAT I GATHER THROUGH THE POSTING ON OTHER SITES THESE TWO MEN WERE WITH THE OTHER YOUNG MAN WHO WAS A CCT THAT WAS KILLED THAT DAY

The SF soldiers, a CCT, and a Terp were all killed by an IED strike.

Blue Skies.

Rest in Peace Brave Warriors
You are now walking the golden streets of heaven with my brother...A US MARINE. He will take care of you guys.

Thank you for my freedom.

R.I.P. Warriors

Thank you for paving the way for other warriors to carry on. May God continue watching over you and your families.

Semper Fi,

GunnyMack

Attachments

• 623757.jpg
    623757.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 63
Back