4th Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) Activation Ceremony scheduled

Ravage

running up that hill
http://news.soc.mil/releases/News Archive/2009/August/090811-02.html

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Aug. 11, 2009) – The 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) will activate a fourth line battalion on Aug. 18, which marks the continued growth of U.S. Army Special Forces.

The ceremony will take place on the 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) parade field at 9:30 a.m.

Lt. Col. Fleming T. Sullivan will assume command at this time.

The development and activation of additional Special Forces battalions allows for greater support of current missions and flexibility around the globe. Additionally, it provides relief to our soldiers who have been continuously deployed since 2001.

Operational experience over the last several years has validated the Special Forces mission sets, demonstrating their specific relevancy and application in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. 3rd Group currently focuses primarily on operations in Afghanistan.

NOTE TO MEDIA: Media interested in covering the activation ceremony should contact the 3rd Group Public Affairs Officer no later than noon, Aug. 13 at (910) 574-4011.

I personally recieved the keys to 3rd Bn from the contractor that built the place and was the first SF guy in the door once it was ours.
My how far we've come.
Since then, I've had the honor and privlege of seeing current guy's at work "down range" and shared in the humbling experience of a "Ramp Ceremony" and the "Role Call" memorial that was held at the FOB the next morning.
Gentleman, you have my profound respect and appreciation for what you do.

Back