5 Year Anniversary of EXTORTION 17

amlove21

Pararescue
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
August 6th, 2016 marks the 5 year anniversary of the EXTORTION 17 crash, the single largest loss of life in the war in Afghanistan.

If you aren't familiar with the story of EXTORTION 17, please read up on it here.

Since the event, the 31 Heroes Project has accepted donations and run nationwide workouts to raise awareness for the 30 Special Operators, 7 aircrew, and 1 military working dog that lost their lives on that night in the Tangi Valley. I am proud to say I have been a part of the memorial workout for 4 years, and organized it for the 2nd year in a row here in Albuquerque. If you would like to donate to the 31 Heroes Project, please take a look at The 31Heroes Project - Workout to Remember
To our fallen AFSOC Brothers- Dan Zerbe, John Brown, and Andy Harvell- fair winds, and following seas.

Cheers to all our fallen Eagles.

Last edited:
Gods of war I call you, my sword is by my side
I seek a life of honor free from all false pride
I will crack the whip with a bold mighty hail
Cover me with death if I should ever fail
Glory, majesty, unity, hail, hail,hail
And as I stood and looked on, I heard the armies of the world
Hail them without end, and their voices of victory
Carried long and far throughout the land.

RIP Warriors

On the anniversary of the Extortion 17 tragedy, we remember the heroic men who were felled rushing into battle, as they had done hundreds of times before. One would hope that we could remember them for the heroes they are, but instead the news and social media is tainted with rumors of conspiracy. This is absolutely ridiculous, and after many interviews with eyewitnesses to the event, I want to set the record straight.

link

Back