7.62 SBR

@BloodStripe. I built a 16' LR308 last year. They are awesome platforms. Obviously there is more to it than just slapping on a short barrel and rolling out. Twist rate, ammo selection, gas system length, gas setting (if running an adjustable gas block), bolt/buffer mass etc can all play a part in running a short .308 and having it meet your desired expectations, this goes doubly if you are running a suppressor.

There is a decent study on barrel length and accuracy, I'll find it and post it here. Interesting read.

All that being said, I am more concerend with the items I mentioned than with bbl length. Not that bbl lemgth isnt a considerations as it certainly is, its just not the end all be all that some make it out to be, and since we are talking about a direct impingement platform, I'd put barrel length well behind ensuring that the gas system, and buffer are set up properly.

I'm pretty lucky in that I get to buy gun parts for a living. Part of my job is conducting market research so I have to read and learn (rough life I know). I've also built roughly 15 to 20 AR's for myself and friends/family. I currently own
tax stamps split between rifles and silencers. Each AR I've built for myself has a purpose, but this one though would have just been because it seemed different. In the end I decided not to build it and my wife was happy. Sometimes you have to know when a happy wife is a happy life.

Back