70 Sit Ups in 1 minute

Yes when someone else is forcing you to do situps in a school, smoke session or otherwise. When it's within your own control you should train smartly.

I agree, but I think I'll need it in a tough selection process(Like SFAS, CSS, UKSFS, etc). For example I'm going to apply to the FFL, after it I won't do more sit-ups till I need it again. But If I'm going to the Airborne School or to the Close Protection Training I won't need to do thousands of sit-ups. That's the point.

At least, I needed to do 75 sit-ups(2 minutes)at a minimum in my CPT's selection and most people failed it O_o .

Bird dogs, side planks, McGill curl up done in a Russian style of descending sets. Example with the side plank... 6 reps left side for 10 secs, then 6 for the right 10 secs.....5, 4, 3, 2 ect.

You don't want to hold the contraction longer than 10 seconds.

"Keep the duration of isometric exercises under 10 seconds and build endurance with repetitions, not by increasing the duration of the holds. Near infrared spectroscopy of the muscles showed us this was the way to
build endurance without the muscles cramping from oxygen starvation and acid buildup."

http://www.backfitpro.com/pdf/selecting_back_exercises.pdf

Strange that is the opposite of everything I have been told about planks going all the way back to SOPC. Pilates and their ilk use at least minute holds.

Back