79-cringe-worthy-technical-errors-in-the-movie-top-gun

Thought some of you would like this.

... During filming, director Tony Scott wanted to shoot aircraft landing and taking off, back-lit by the sun. During one particular filming sequence, the ship's commanding officer changed the ship's course, thus changing the light. When Scott asked if they could continue on their previous course and speed, he was informed by the commander that it cost $25,000 to turn the ship, and to continue on course. Scott wrote the carrier's captain a $25,000 check so that the ship could be turned and he could continue shooting for another five minutes -- and then he bounced the check.

Top Gun lags behind Point Break, tying for second with Tombstone.

With that said, most people wouldn't catch 90% of that list. How many non-Naval Aviators know what freaking gauges are in the backseat? Stall recovery or NATOPS procedures for the F-14? Airplane guys and scale modelers.

My wife had never seen Point Break, we watched it last night. It is a good movie, but it isn't Top Gun.

Top Gun is the absolute shit.

The only thing better than the movie is the soundtrack.

I didn't realize how long ago 'Top Gun' came out, turns out it was released six years before I was even born :rolleyes:, and its 30th anniversary is next year :-".

Back