7th SFG Master Sergeant Caught Smuggling Cocaine

Update on Master Sgt. Gould
That Army Special Forces Soldier Busted For Drug Smuggling May Be Part Of A Larger Scheme

Army Master Sgt. Daniel Gould was arrested in Florida on August 13 in connection with an attempt to bring 90 pounds of cocaine into the U.S. on a military aircraft, defense officials told NBC News earlier this month. That haul would be worth several million dollars on U..S streets.

Gould is a veteran of Afghanistan, where he earned a Silver Star, the Army’s third-highest award, for fending off an ambush in late 2008.

Something about his name sounded familiar -

Yep:

And as I said in the 5th post of this thread, "what a waste".

ShadowSpear thread from August 2010
Seven Soldiers from 7th SFG(A) to receive Silver Stars

While conducting a combat reconnaissance patrol in the Khaz Oruzgan district of Afghanistan, his team, ODA 7134, was ambushed by anti-Afghan forces. During the ensuing firefight, Pinilla sprinted 75 meters across open terrain into incoming enemy fire to an wounded teammate, Staff Sgt. Daniel Gould, a SF engineer sergeant, who was pinned down. When Pinilla reached his teammate, he dove in front of him, providing his own body as cover for his wounded comrade as he proceeded to suppress the enemy ambush line.

After 10 minutes of returning fire, Pinilla suffered two gunshot wounds and was criticallywounded. His teammates fought to return him to safety, all the while Pinilla continued to return fire with his 9-mm Beretta handgun. Due to the severity of his wounds, he was evacuated from the battlefield and eventually to Walter Reed Army Medical Center where he began a slow recovery process.

“It’s about trusting the man to your left and right, and knowing that he will do the right thing and watch your back,” he said. “That’s what I was doing for him [Gould] and he did the same for me. I wouldn’t be here today if not for him.”

Gould said it was the closeness his team shared that enabled them to risk their lives for each other.

“When you have the camaraderie that we have, the actions become instantaneous,” Gould said. “The cohesion that is built within the team is key.”

I have more than a handful of brothers who terrorized the Taliban and should never fucking step foot in a place like Colombia. Temptation is a bitch and sometimes you're willing to ride that lightning a little longer than everyone else after you've been around the block enough times to suddenly become overconfident in your own abilities.

This story is new but the plot is older than time itself. This is one of those situations where I feel bad for the guy just as much as I wanna choke the shit out of him for compromising himself (and his career) in such a way.

Update on Master Sgt. Gould
That Army Special Forces Soldier Busted For Drug Smuggling May Be Part Of A Larger Scheme

Army Master Sgt. Daniel Gould was arrested in Florida on August 13 in connection with an attempt to bring 90 pounds of cocaine into the U.S. on a military aircraft, defense officials told NBC News earlier this month. That haul would be worth several million dollars on U..S streets.

Gould is a veteran of Afghanistan, where he earned a Silver Star, the Army’s third-highest award, for fending off an ambush in late 2008.

Something about his name sounded familiar -

Yep:

And as I said in the 5th post of this thread, "what a waste".

ShadowSpear thread from August 2010
Seven Soldiers from 7th SFG(A) to receive Silver Stars

While conducting a combat reconnaissance patrol in the Khaz Oruzgan district of Afghanistan, his team, ODA 7134, was ambushed by anti-Afghan forces. During the ensuing firefight, Pinilla sprinted 75 meters across open terrain into incoming enemy fire to an wounded teammate, Staff Sgt. Daniel Gould, a SF engineer sergeant, who was pinned down. When Pinilla reached his teammate, he dove in front of him, providing his own body as cover for his wounded comrade as he proceeded to suppress the enemy ambush line.

After 10 minutes of returning fire, Pinilla suffered two gunshot wounds and was criticallywounded. His teammates fought to return him to safety, all the while Pinilla continued to return fire with his 9-mm Beretta handgun. Due to the severity of his wounds, he was evacuated from the battlefield and eventually to Walter Reed Army Medical Center where he began a slow recovery process.

“It’s about trusting the man to your left and right, and knowing that he will do the right thing and watch your back,” he said. “That’s what I was doing for him [Gould] and he did the same for me. I wouldn’t be here today if not for him.”

Gould said it was the closeness his team shared that enabled them to risk their lives for each other.

“When you have the camaraderie that we have, the actions become instantaneous,” Gould said. “The cohesion that is built within the team is key.”

That was when Mark Donaldson picked up his Victoria Cross and Sarbi the MWD went missing in action for 14 months. One of the SASR patrols had every member bar the 2IC wounded, the Patrol Commander ended up strapping himself to the front of one of the vehicles and wrapping a tow chain around his head for protection.

Edit,

Correction, this was a couple of weeks earlier, the SASR and 7th group battle was a couple of weeks later on the 2nd of Sept 2008.

Last edited:
Ugh I hate when street prices are used. It's sensationalism and all media and law enforcement use it- but it's not accurate and is misleading.

Back