A punishment fit for Freefalling...

I got hit by a drunk driver in '94. He got thrown out the door of his spinning Corvette and broke a finger. I got yet another helo ride, a transfusion and more surgery. Between the Viet Cong and a drunk asshole, I'm two-for two.

Drink and be merry and fucking go nuts as long as it doesn't involve operating machinery.

My firefighter mate won't wear a seatbelt anymore because he's seen too many drunk people not wearing them in MVAs get off with relatively minor injuries. Something to do with them not bracing and going floppy.

I don't know about his logic but he's had a few tickets for it LOL

My firefighter mate won't wear a seatbelt anymore because he's seen too many drunk people not wearing them in MVAs get off with relatively minor injuries. Something to do with them not bracing and going floppy.

It makes sense for the drunk, cause they're typically unconscious during the crash but it's idiotic for him. Sober and conscious you'll react, tighten muscles and brace for impact. Doesn't even take into account for ejection from the vehicle. I'm sure our resident first responders and trauma doctors/nurses can add more.

It makes sense for the drunk, cause they're typically unconscious during the crash but it's idiotic for him. Sober and conscious you'll react, tighten muscles and brace for impact. Doesn't even take into account for ejection from the vehicle. I'm sure our resident first responders and trauma doctors/nurses can add more.

He reckons he's got the going floppy in a crash covered. Like I said, I'm not convinced.

I got new printer/scanner and tried to scan a pic of the brand new '94 Isuzu pick-up that the asshole destroyed. Later, if i can figure this out.

All I can say about seatbelts is they probably saved my life. Even with a seatbelt I still busted the steering wheel with my head, hit it so hard it broke the spokes and knocked the wheel down the steering column. No airbags. (So that explains a lot of my behavior on SS).

Seriously the other guy ended up sitting in the street shooting the shit with bystanders while firefighters tried to cut me out of the wreck. I woke up on my back on a bodyboard looking up at the stars with one eye (because the other one couldn't open), heard generators and saw firefighters walking around...then passed out again and when I woke up I was in a helo with a beautiful female paramedic leaning over me, her soft hair brushing my face, I said what the hell happened??? She said don't worry it was the other guy's fault and I'm pumping you full of blood, then I passed out and woke up again in the ER with a beautiful female plastic surgeon with long dark hair sewing my eyelid and my nose. She smelled wonderful. There was a kind of halo around her head. Maybe I was dreaming. Maybe not. But at least it wasn't 95th Evac.

Last edited:
I had a colonoscopy a few years ago, and the first question I asked when I woke up was if I behaved myself8-).

Speaking of colonoscopys, I have a Marine buddy who had his wife write ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK on his ass in magic marker before his colonoscopy. If you work at the VA, you gotta have a sense of humor.

Back